Twenty-One

"Hey, guys, look at this !" said Naruto, holding a creamy white-coloured card in front of him, "Itachi is getting married !"

Everyone looked at him sighed.

"We know, Naruto. We're invited too." said Sakura. She took the card from Naruto's hand and examined it once again. It had agolden border and some designs in the corner. Itachi and Shion's name was written in excellent calligraphy just below Naruto's family name, which was hand-written and beautiful.

She smiled, and returned it to Naruto. One day, she thought, her and Sasuke's name was going to be in place of Shion's and Itachi's. Shion and Itachi. Shion.

"Wait a minute !" She snatched the card from Naruto and checkef the names of the bride and the groom. "(Last Name) Shion ?!"

She looked at Naruto questioningly, since Sasuke was too busy on his phone to be listening to the conversation at the table.

"Uh.. Yeah. (Last Name) Shion. (Name)'s sister. Remember (Name) ?" he said meekly.

"Of course, I do ! Who'd forget that... that... UGH." she sat back down and pulled at her hair. Everyone ignored her. They knew the moment they had read the card. Most of them did not even know (Name); they had just heard her name sometime from someone's mouth. But none of them had a reaction like Sakura's. Ino wasn't around that day, or Sakura would've had company.

Sasuke looked up from his phone at the mention of (Name).

"What ?" he asked.

"Nothing that concerns you." smirked Naruto beside him. Sasuke gave him a glare.

"Whatever." he said, and got up.

"Where're you going ?" asked Naruto. Sakura was looking at Sasuke and was about to ask that, but Naruto beat her to it.

Sasuke smirked.

"'Nothing that concerns you.'" he said, imitating Naruto's tone and voice to mock him. This time, Naruto glared at him.

"Hn." said Naruto, Sasuke-style, and crossed his arms. He tried to act very cross and serious - or the expression Sasuke has on all the time. But, he couldn't keep it up for he burst out laughing seeing Sasuke giving him death glares.

Sasuke turned and left, ignoring Naruto's laughter and Sakura's whiny voice asking him where he was going. As if he was going to tell her.

He went to the library where he knew he could find (Name), and there he saw her. Sasuke walked up to her and sat across. He noticed that she wore a mask.

"Hey." he said, and as expected, he was ignored.

Ignoring (Name) ignoring him, Sasuke asked, "How are you now ?"

This time, (Name) stopped writing and glanced at him from her book. But she still said nothing.

"Are you okay ?" said Sasuke and reached out to remove (Name)'s mask. (Name) leaned back. She froze. Sasuke froze. They both stayed that way, until (Name) slapped Sasuke's hand away.

"Yes." said (Name). Her voice was coarse and very soft. Not that she was loud anyway.

"I see." said Sasuke, though, it was obvious to him that she was not. She must've just dragged herself to school because - she was (Name), what else ?

Sasuke coughed and straightened his posture. He was just about to touch (Name). Why did he want to take her mask off anyway ? So that her germs reached him and made him sick too ?

"Their wedding is in a week." Sasuke said.

"A week and a half." (Name) corrected him.

"Whatever." said Sasuke.

There was more silence. Sasuke was out of topics, and he knew as a fact that (Name) wasn't interested enough in conversing with him to think of some. Sasuke looked at (Name) as she wrote in her book. Her hair was braided again. He wondered why she braided her hair. Her hair was nice and soft enough to be let down.

Sasuke then looked at her face - or the very little he could see of her face. The mask was too big for her small face and covered the most of it. Her big glasses covered the rest of it. Her bangs were long, but they didn't cover her face. She pinned them to the side neatly, as every other day. The only things about her that changed each day were her clothes.

"It is rude to stare, Uchiha Sasuke." stated (Name).

Sasuke blinked a few times, and realized that (Name) had stopped writing and was looking back at him with her eyebrow raised.

"I wasn't staring at you." said Sasuke slowly and looked away.

(Name) scoffed.

"Oh, please, I don't have time for your tsudere self now." she said.

Sasuke's head turned sharply at her. Had she just called him tsundere ?

"Shut up." he said and glared at (Name), who wasn't even looking at him anymore. Just as he was about to something more, the bell rang. His class was almost on the other side of the school and he didn't want to be late, so he got up to leave. He looked at (Name) who seemed to engrossed in writing whatever she was.

"You know what, (Name)," he said, turning and stepping close to her. He stooped low to her level to get her attention, which he got.

"What ?" she asked.

"You look exactly like your sister." he said, and before (Name) could react, he was gone.

(Name) sighed and got up too. Sasuke had put her in a foul mood now. She gathered her things. The librarian was out for lunch so nobody was in the library beside her - no students prefered to come to the library during their beloved break.

(Name) opened the door, and bumped into someone completely unexpected.