One

"Hey." greeted Sasuke.

"It's you again." (Name) said, without looking up from her book. She sat at her usual corner in the library with anyone to disturb her. Other than Sasuke.

"That's all I get ?" Sasuke raised a brow.

"What did you expect ?"

"I expected you to come find me and plead on your knees and say that you didn't mean rejecting me and ask me to take you back." He completed his sentence with a hint of pride in his voice.

"Keep dreaming, loser." (Name) stated bluntly.

"You're mean."

"You're the one to talk."

Sasuke stared at (Name) speechlessly. He was rarely speechless. For the first time, he had no idea how to deal with a girl.

"What are you still doing here? I'm sure all that I said clearly meant, 'I hate you. Get lost.' Or maybe, you're not smart enough to understand that." (Name) adjusted her glasses and glared at Sasuke. He was annoyed by the way she talks.

"What's with you ?" he asked (Name) with all his annoyance showing clearly on his face.

"So you don't get it after all. I'll say it clearly for you - I hate you. Disappear." said (Name).

"Wait.... that was a little different from before. And how can I just disappear ?"

(Name) made an action with her hand which Sasuke could not comprehend. Forgetting that he was in the library, he got up and caught (Name) by the collar of her shirt and said through gritted teeth :

"Stop trying to make fun of me, woman. Don't get too full of yourself."

This sudden movement had knocked (Name)'s glasses off. Putting them back in place, she stared at Sasuke in the same emotionless and cold way he does.

"Can't digest the fact that a simple nerd rejected you ? Aren't you the one who's full of himself ?"

"Huh ?"

"I don't get your thinking pattern, Uchiha Sasuke. Whatever made you think I'd fall for that stupid joke that day ? And I can't believe you're still trying." (Name) ended her sentence with a small chuckle which angered Sasuke even more.

"Why are you so confident ? What makes you think it was a joke ?"

"Isn't it obvious ? There's no way someone as flashy as you would ever notice anybody plain like me. And even if you were saying the truth, I'd still reject you, because I'm not one to fall for a jerk like you." (Name) had stressed the 'jerk' on purpose. She wanted this guy to know his place.

"Indeed, you wouldn't. You're too heartless to love." Sasuke said with a smirk. He was sure he got her this time.

"Heartless ? I doubt that. I'm just not stupid like those 'fan-girls' of yours who simply drool over arrogant brats like you. Don't be so confident just because you've got the looks."

He had had enough. Sasuke slammed his chair back into place and stomped away. (Name) sat back down and continued to read her book. Everyone else, including the librarian, stared at her with awe. It was the first time a girl had told Sasuke off that harshly.

Sasuke sat at his desk in class. The free period in which he visited the library was over, and now it was an English lecture. (Name) wasn't in his class, but she was all that was on his mind.

"Sasuke ?"

She sure thinks highly of herself, he thought. I'll crush that pride and show her.

"Uchiha Sasuke ?"

And what was with that ' arrogant brat ' and stuff ? Wasn't she herself too arrogant ? And what does she think of herself to humiliate me that way ?

" Uchiha Sasuke !! " He snapped out of his thoughts as somebody banged the desk. He had almost forgotten. He was in class. And looking down on him was an angry Kakashi-sensei.

" Um.. What ? " Although terrified, he did his best to not loose composure and stared back at the man.

" Can you please continue reading from where Yamanaka stopped ? " Hatake Kakashi said with an obviously fake smile on his face. Sasuke looked at his book, and then signalled Naruto to tell him. The blonde did something, which Sasuke could not comprehend. He stared at his book hopelessly.

" I.. I don't know. " He confessed, swallowing his pride.

" Day-dreaming, I suppose ? " Kakashi frowned. " Write your homework 10 times. "

" But.. " Sasuke protested.

" 50 times. " Sasuke didn't protest again. It would just lead to another increase in that number. ".... And I want it by tomorrow. " Kakashi finished. Sasuke looked at him as if he had grown another head. By tomorrow ? That's insane ! No way he'd able to do it. Unless he skipped out hanging with Naruto after-school. And the movie he had planned to watch. And the video games he was going to play. But he knew he had to do it, or it would affect his 'oh-so-good' grades and that would affect his 'oh-so-good' reputation.

" Ow. " Some crumbled paper hit him. He opened it, and glared at Naruto, who threw it. Seriously though, why communicate through notes when you sit just beside me ?

He opened the paper and checked it.

Someone's gonna write homework 50 times XD

Angrily, he slammed it back at Naruto, who was grinning sheepishly. Coming back to his thoughts, he was going to teach (Name) a lesson. He was going to make her fall for him.