Thirty-Three

Sasuke pushed the doors of the library open and walked inside, his shoes making a harsh sound against the floor. The librarian glared at him, but he paid no heed, and made his way to (Name). He didn't even need to ask whether she would be there; he knew that she would.

"Hello, (Name)." he said, as he sat across her, making a screeching noise as he pulled the chair.

Whispering started around the library as Sasuke made himself comfortable in his seat. All he needed to do was blink, and he got people talking. By the way he had announced his presence, there was nobody who had not noticed him. As the exams were nearing, there were more people in the library.

But, of course, (Name) sat alone at her table. Either the people did not wish to sit with her, or she had scared anybody who wished to. Maybe, they didn't want to sit with her because she had scared them off. Not everybody could handle her usual heartless and sarcastic remarks.

"Try to be a little quieter !" said the librarian. She huffed, and went back to checking the records of books borrowed. Sasuke was checking her patience, more than he usually did. This was one of the reasons why he was not welcome in the library.

(Name) had her head down on the table. She had been reading a book. She lifted her head and adjusted her glasses to look at Sasuke.

"By any chance, were you asleep ?" asked Sasuke, with a smirk.

"By any chance, are you being possessed by Uzumaki Naruto right now ?" she asked in turn.

Sasuke's smirk was replaced by a frown as he tried to understand what (Name) meant.

"You're awfully noisy." she said, pushing her glasses up.

"Hn." Sasuke ignored her comment with a scowl.

He had been in a rare good mood that day, and before he knew it, he had come looking for (Name). He did not have any reason to approach her, so he wished she didn't demand one.

"What brings you here ?" asked (Name).

Sasuke ran a hand down his face and groaned. He felt that maybe she really could read his mind, because this was not the first time she had done so. Maybe she practised black magic as well, and was working on a dark spell to use on him.

(Name) raised an eyebrow at his actions.

"I came looking for a book." he said, but he knew it was not convincing enough.

Of course, (Name) did not accept his answer, but she did not wish to carry the conversation further by asking him about it. She sighed and let it slide.

Sasuke leaned in front and supported his weight on his elbows on the table. He looked at (Name) as she continued to do what she was doing. She had a notebook open in front of her, and a pile of reference books beside it. She kept flipping through the pages, and taking down notes.

Sasuke noticed that she seemed to be in a worse mood than she usually is. She was frowning deeper, and when he looked at her notes, her handwriting was a little less beautiful.

"If you're done admiring my notes, don't you have a book you need ?" asked (Name), obviously noticing his gaze on her.

She could also notice some girls from the next table looking in their direction, obviously at Sasuke. She didn't like them looking in her direction, and she didn't want Sasuke around her for long either.

Sasuke raised his hand and reached for the side of (Name)'s face, his fingers lightly brushing against her cheek.

(Name)'s eyes widened as she leaned back from his touch. Gasps could be heard from across the room, but the librarian hushed everyone.