Twenty-Four

The next day, (Name) was fine and at school. She was shocked when she woke up to Shion sleeping next to her, and even more shocked when she found herself back at her own house. She remembered being at the Uchihas' house and feeling sick, but that was it. She realized Shion had been taking care of her all night. (Name) saw some wet towels, ice packs, medicines, thermometer near her bed. In fact, Shion herself was sleeping with a towel in her hand. She had made the bedsheet a little damp, but (Name) forgave her.

(Name) left without bothering to wake Shion up. She knew Shion wouldn't wake up anyway. She was never a morning person and it also looked like she had slept late, so (Name) let her be.

She was a little late for school, but she still made it in time before the first period.

"(Name), are you okay now ?" Naruto yelled from his classroom's window when he saw (Name) walking in.

(Name) cringed at the loudness of his voice. It seemed like everyone had stopped doing whatever they were and had their attention on (Name). She looked up at him and glared, and then walked away without answering. She couldn't speak loud enough for him to be able to hear her anyway. She quickly went up to her own class.

"Good morning, (Name)." said Hinata, so softly that (Name) barely heard her.

"Good morning." she greeted back. Hinata gave (Name) a small smile as she went to her desk.

(Name) was usually the first one to arrive in her class so nobody was there to greet her. Even after people came, her presence went unnoticed as usual. No one bothered to greet her, just as she bothered to greet no one. So, Hinata's greeting took her by surprise. But (Name) hid it well and sat down.

"Hey, (Name), what's up ?" asked Naruto as (Name) passed him near the school gate. (Name) ignored him. All his friends laughed as (Name) kept walking. Naruto dramatically held a hand to his heart and pretended to cry to show he was hurt - which again, earned a laugh from his friends.

Amidst that chaos, they didn't notice Sasuke slip away. Sakura and Ino weren't there, or Sasuke could never leave because they were always watching him. He actually found it creepy and disgusting. He didn't like his fan-girls. But neither did he like girls like (Name) who treated him the worst they ever could. Sasuke was always pampered, both at school and at home, so (Name) was like a ripple in his smooth, perfect daily life.

Sasuke wasn't sure why he was following (Name), and everytime she stopped or turned, he would hide around a corner or behind a pole.

Deja vu.

Just as (Name) looked back ahead, Sasuke got out of his hiding spot. But, (Name) turned back again and Sasuke - who had nowhere to hide - got caught. (Name) raised and eyebrow at him.

"Do you really have nothing better to do than to follow me ?" she said, and continued walking.

Sasuke shrugged and jogged up to her. If she had spotted him anyway, then why not walk beside her ?

"You aren't going home." said Sasuke, noticing that they had already passed the turn to (Name)'s house.

(Name) and Sasuke stopped and waited for the signal to turn red and the cars to stop, before they crossed the road.

"Where are you going ?" asked Sasuke.

"I'm walking aimlessly till I lose you." she said, without even looking at Sasuke.

He glared at her intensely, only to be ignored. Sighing, he just walked alongside her. If she thought he would leave he alone if she walked around like that, then she was wrong because Uchiha Sasuke does not give up. Now, he was determined to follow her everywhere - to the pits of hell, to scorching deserts, to the highest of peaks, to the deepest of valleys, or even his brother's house.

But, (Name) walked into the supermarket.

"What ?" said Sasuke as (Name) asked him to wait out.

(Name) pointed at a sign. "It says pets are not allowed inside."

Sasuke felt an urge from within him to take (Name)'s head in his hands and bang it into the wall nearby. But he controlled himself for he knew that, though it was physically and emotionally possible for him, he couldn't do it to a girl. (Name) did not fit in his definition of a girl, but she did in others' who didn't know her.

He sat on a bench and took deep breaths, counted till ten as (Name) went inside. Sasuke decide to calm himself down first before going after (Name). Who knows ? She might run away.

But (Name) came out before he could go in and much to his surprise, walked straight upto him without even trying to go ahead without him.

Sasuke stood up as she came to him. Without saying a word, she started walking and Sasuke followed. He was just confused. The (Name) he thought he knew would've run away the first chance she got.

(Name) on the other hand had subconsciously headed back to Sasuke. She came with him, and she was going with him. There were many other thoughts in her mind, so Sasuke following her just slipped out.

"I'll carry that bag for you." offered Sasuke. He suddenly felt like having another shot at being nice to (Name).

"Don't bother. It's too heavy for you." said (Name).

Sasuke narrowed his eyes. "Just give it to me." he said.

"If you insist." said (Name) and handed it over to Sasuke.

He almost fell over because of the bag's weight. Not that he couldn't handle it, but by the way (Name) was walking with it, it didn't seem as heavy. His pride stopped him from letting it show on his face or body language. He just walked ahead, as he usually did.

"What exactly is in this ?" asked Sasuke.

"Tired already ? I told you it was heavy. Now, give it to me." said (Name), reaching out for the bag. Sasuke held it away from her.

"I never said that. Answer my question." he said.

"Only rice." said (Name).

"Rice ?!" Sasuke looked inside and saw that what (Name) said was indeed true. "But why do you need so much rice ?" Sasuke knew (Name) wasn't a heavy-eater.

"It's for a month. Besides, Shion is probably going to stay around for some time." said (Name).

Sasuke just nodded. Shion ate double what he did. Life was going to be hard for Itachi after their marriage.

Sasuke walked behind (Name) upto her door and handed her the bag. Without saying good-bye, he turned and left, and he was sure (Name) didn't wait near the door to see him off too.

He was right. (Name) took the bag inside and kept it on the kitchen counter. She looked around and saw that it was a mess. Wrappers and empty boxes and crumbs were lying around. She sighed. That's what happens when you leave Shion to herself. But she had started cleaning up after herself after she shifted in with Itachi.

(Name) walked around the house looking for her. She found Shion in her old room. (Name)'s eyes hurt as she was greeted by all that pink. Shion was on her bed with her blanket around her. All her things were scattered around and everything was a mess. (Name) sighed again.

"What happened ?" she asked.

Shion peeked out from the blanket and looked at (Name) with teary eyes. Her face was stained with tears and chocolate and bread crumbs and what-not.

"(Name) !!" she wailed, and pounced on her sister.

(Name) tried her best to keep minimal contact with Shion. She didn't want to dirty herself. Shion shook her back and forth.

"I feel so nervous. IAMGETTINGMARRIEDINSOMEDAYS, DOYOUREALIZETHAT ?!?" she yelled.

(Name) just sat there as her sister hugged her and cried, wetting her sleeve. Inside, even if only a little, she felt relieved. Looking at Shion, she had thought something which not even be spoken of happened to her. How much ever (Name) denied it, she was glad that everything was alright.