Eleven

Sasuke was at his wit's end.

Even though he was in class, all he thought of was (Name). In the past few days, he had completely forgotten his purpose of approaching her. All he did was hang around her and suffer humiliation quietly. What about making her fall for him ?!

He had tried being nice to her; it was the nicest he had ever been to a girl, he had even made her chocolates, given her all the time he could. What else does one need to do to get a girl ? He pondered. He couldn't think of anything. He could always ask for advice, but from whom ? Nobody was reliable enough.

Naruto had not been able to manage to take Sakura to even one date even after trying for so many years, so asking him was of no use. He hardly talked to anybody else in his group.

Itachi was also an option, but asking him meant digging his own grave. However nice he seemed, Itachi was always looking for ways to trouble his 'little brother' - and Sasuke wasn't even little anymore. Either Itachi would spread weird rumors, or give him bad advise so that Sasuke embarrasses himself, and then make a laughing stock out of him till he got hold of something more interesting. But Sasuke trying to get a girl to fall for him and failing after so many out-of-character attempts - what else could be more amusing to Itachi ?

Then, there was also Mikoto, his mother. But now that her little baby boy was already looking for ways to get a girl, she wouldn't be able to contain her excitement and his entire neighbourhood would be talking about it, let alone all of his family, including the most distant of relatives.

Sasuke would die of embarrassment.

It was not as if he was actually interested in (Name), he just wanted to teach her a lesson for being so arrogant to him, but he was really out of ways to.

Oh, but there was one way left.

Sasuke smirked quiet creepily as another idea made its way into his mind. In every class, almost all of the girls were gaping at Sasuke and would pay no heed to the teacher's words. But this time, for once, he freaked them out so much that they turned their attention towards Asuma-sensei's Math class.

To be honest, Kurenai-sensei interested Asuma-sensei way more than Math. He also couldn't care less whether the students paid attention in class, as long as they passed. Sasuke always topped his grade. It didn't matter to him whether Sasuke looked out the window ( which he did in every class ) or was day-dreaming.

The bell rang and everybody rushed out for it was the PE class. Sasuke left the class among the last students to leave. For once, Naruto had left without him, and he took it as a chance to skip. Who the hell could be excited about PE, he thought, as he
saw some students running madly towards the ground. What were they, elementary school kids ?

Sasuke subconsciously made his way to the library. After going there countless times in the past few weeks, somehow, it had become a habit.

The library hardly had any students. The ones present were probably some (Name)-types who made their way to the library whenever they found some tike on their hands. For a moment, he felt one of them, but he brushed the feeling off briskly.

Again, habitually, he looked for (Name). He made his way to the table at which she usually sat, and sat on the chair he usually sat on. Then, he looked around for a minute. He had completely forgotten his purpose. Why again did he come to the library ?

Sasuke slouched in his seat and placed his head on the desk. He played with a pencil somebody had forgotten, spinning it with his fingers. After a few unsuccessful attempts at continuous spins, Sasuke got tired of trying and decided to look around for some books that might interest him. Again, subconsciously, he put the pencil in his pocket as he got up, making a horrible noise as he almost toppled his chair over.

"Hush." said librarian, along with some other students.

Sasuke bowed his head a little as an apology. The students returned to whatever they were doing, but the librarian peered at him for quiet a while before continuing looking through records of books borrowed.

She, for sure, was not particularly fond of Sasuke. Everyone, including Sasuke himself, knew that very well. Sasuke hardly ever visited this place called 'the library' before he met this being called '(Name),' and whenever he went, all he did was mess up and make noise - which was considered criminal in this place. As a matter of fact, Sasuke didn't even know the name of this weird blue-haired librarian.

Well, 'weird' was as good as 'normal' at Konoha, for it described every other student and teacher there.

To start with, the students: Sakura had pink hair, and was Sasuke-obsessed ( he couldn't care less ); Naruto's brain was occupied with anything but ramen and, well, Sakura also had some space. Not a day went on which he had not gotten into a fight; Hinata's speech was inaudible to any normal person, and she fainted at the sight of Naruto; and Neji who had long dark locks which would give any girl claiming to have pretty hair a run for her money, was extremely protective of his cousin, Hinata.

Rock Lee, by no sense, fitted the definition of normal. Gaara, well, saying he had hysterical fits would not even be close to meaning the same with what he actually had, but let's just stick to that. He also played with sand and had a tattoo on his forehead. Most students avoided him, except for Naruto. Shikamaru was a genius with an IQ of 200 or even greater, but also the laziest person at school. He could easily beat Sasuke, but all he aimed for were marks just above average.

There was Sai, who was an excellent artist, but lacked in the field of emotions, so much that he actually read books on them. Kiba brought his dog along with him wherever he went. Somehow, he could also understand what his dog said. Shino befriended every insect he saw.

The teachers weren't any better.

On a wall of the principal's office hung faces of the principals of Konoha - five, including the present - carved out of wood. Unlike other schools, a principal served here for as long as he wished to. Naruto was still in Konoha after all his shenanigans because his father was a former principal of the school, and his mother used to teach there. Both of them retired soon after Naruto was born.

Their principal was a weird old lady. Her age defined her as old, but her appearance was as good as a woman in her mid-twenties. The school counselor, Jiraiya - how the hell did he even become a counselor ? He himself was a perverted old man with a twisted character which set bad examples for students. Then, there was Kakashi-sensei. Reading weird porn books while teaching was his hobby, and the only exposed part of his face was his right eye - rest all was covered by a mask. Orochimaru-sensei was a senior teacher who taught Biology and Chemistry. His appearance made him look anything but senior. It was believed by everyone at school that he aimed to be the principal and take control of everything, and was secretly gay. He had an assistant called Kabuto.

Deidara, Tobi, Hidan were all the new teachers at school that year, teaching Chemistry and Art, Home Ec., and PE respectively. The reason Sasuke didnt add the '-sensei' suffix was because he knew them all since he was a kid. They were all Itachi's friends. It was known to all that they were former students of the school, but little did they know that they used to be a part of a notorious gang called Akatsuki. The blue-haired librarian was also one of them, but Sasuke had forgotten her name. There was another one, Kisame, who was the coach of the swim team.

Almost all of them had twisted personalities. Instead of teaching students, Deidara was always busy blasting up things. Tobi simply loved cooking, and ate whatever he himself or the students made withouth a second thought. He always wore a mask and it was said that he had a split personality problem. He would turn into 'Obito' sometimes, but not many believed that as they had not seen it for themselves. Hidan was always throwing himself at stuff to get hurt. It gave him pleasure. What do you call such people again - masochists ?

Sasuke scrunched his nose as he thought of all the 'characters' at his school as he walked glancing at the large collection of books in the library of Konoha. Of course, he considered himself normal. But, how would an extremely callous egoist with looks highly above average who excelled in every field be considered normal ?

Sasuke wondered again why he had come to the library as he looked through the books on the shelves. He couldn't find the book which (Name) read, but he found something that mildly interested him : How To Make A Person Fall In Love With You.

His finger touched the edge of the book. He slightly pulled it out. A little, a little, and now he found it in his hands. He glanced around to see if anyone was looking. Everyone was doing their work.

Seeing a green signal, Sasuke quickly flipped through the book, catching a few words and phrases as he did. He slammed the book shut and pushed it back into its place. It was a damned book for girls. All it had were ways to 'get your crush to like you.' Its title sure was misleading.

Sasuke stood and thought for a second. Then, he blushed beet red. He sat back on his chair with his face in his hands to prevent anybody from seeing it. None of those lowlifes had the privilege to see an Uchiha - or let's say, Uchiha SASUKE - blush.

He frustrated to the point of pulling his hair out. Was he - Uchiha Sasuke - so desperate and out of better methods to get a girl - a below average girl like (Name) - to like him that he actually had to seek advice from such girlish books ? How unpleasant.

Then, he remembered. He remembered what he had been thinking about during the last class. He remembered the one last remaining way he had thought of.

Sasuke was now going to stop giving (Name) all the extra attention he did, and treat how he treated all the other girls - coldly.