Two

Sasuke grumbled on his way home. Not only he had to write his homework 50 times, (Name) was also not getting off his mind. Although he had decided to make her fall for him, the question was 'how ?'. He didn't like her that way. In fact, he didn't like her at all ! But he also couldn't put up an act, because no matter how amazing he was or how many people he fooled, (Name) could always see through his facade. She was really hard to fool. But, to make her fall in love, he had to fool her, right ?

He grunted and frustratingly ruffled his hair, unable to reach an answer. People passing by him gave him weird glances.

"Whatever."

He gave up. He could to the thinking once he reached home. Looking around, he saw McDonalds. Not wanting to go home and having nothing better to do, he decided to grab something to eat. He crossed the street and started to head towards it.

Just when he was a few feet away from it, the doors slide open, and much to his surprise, out walked (Name) ! On reflex, he hid behind an advertisement board nearby. (Name) started walking opposite the way his home was. Out of curiosity, he started following her, keeping enough distance not to be caught.

(Name) kept walking ahead and not once looked back. Just to be on the safer side, Sasuke pulled his hood over his head. Lucky he wore a hoodie. He put his hands into his pockets, put on his headphones, and tried to blend in with the crowd, trying to look as normal as possible. He kept tailing (Name) keeping a few feet distance between them.

Suddenly, (Name) stopped.

Panicking, he stopped as well, and pretended to be looking at the mannequins on display in the shop he just happened to stand outside. Much to his dismay, it was a lingerie shop. To be looking at it made him seem like a pervert, which earned him weird glances from people around him once again.

Embarrassed, he looked away at where (Name) was standing. Or supposed to be standing. She had disappeared. He looked around, hoping to find her. She couldn't have gotten away that far, could she ? Then, he saw a book store near where she had stopped. On looking inside, he spotted (Name) near the counter, paying for a book. She got it wrapped, put it in her back, stepped outside, and started walking again. Sasuke followed her.

After walking straight for God-knows-how-long, (Name) took a turn and entered a residential area. The street wasn't as busy as the one they were on earlier. There was hardly anybody on it. He increased the distance between himself and (Name) even more, but still kept his eyes on her. The houses there were pretty big and old-fashioned. Sasuke looked them with awe. His own house suddenly felt very small to him. But somehow, it suited (Name), to live in such houses. He hadn't found it surprising.

(Name) stopped outside a house and rang the bell. Sasuke stopped as well and hid behind a turn. After a while, the gate opened and (Name) was let in. Sasuke stared at the house for a while. It was newly built and had no nameplate. He sighed. Following her hadn't lead him to anything interesting. He hadn't found her embarrassing side, or a secret job she did, or any such thing which he could have used against her. She was, in all ways, a normal nerd.

Just when he was about to leave, (Name) walked out of the house. She hadn't changed, and still carried her bag. He looked at her with surprise. She walked towards him, looking at him. He looked left and right, but there was nobody around him, which meant she had spotted him. He stood up straight, and looked at her as if he had just spotted her.

"Oh, what a surprise !" said Sasuke as (Name) neared and stood in front of him.

"...says someone who stalked me all the way here." said (Name) and glared at him. Sasuke gulped.

"Wh-what do you mean ? I was just passing by."

"Is that so ? You should feel indebted to me, pervert, that I didn't report you for stalking me."

"I never stalked you ! And don't call me a pervert !"

"No words can defend you, pervert. I saw you hiding behind that board outside McDonalds."

"You knew ?"

"Of course, I did. I'm not blind."

(Name) walked past Sasuke without giving him a second look.

"So, you don't live here ?"

Sasuke jogged up to (Name)'s side and started walking beside her with her pace.

"No."

"Then, why did you come here ?"

"I wanted to see how far you would follow me."

"Huh ?" Sasuke glared at (Name). She had completed wasted his time.

"But you also went inside that house."

"Oh, there ? I know the... lady... who lives there. At first, I was going to go round in circles to annoy, but then I remembered she had asked me to get her something."

"You mean that book ?"

"Yes. So, I figured I'd get it for her. It wasn't going round, but at least it is opposite from where you live."

"You're so annoying."

"I should say that to you."

"Hn. Get lost."

"You shouldn't have followed me in the first place."

"Whatever. Where are you heading now ?"

"Home, of course."

"Then, I'll walk you home."

"There's no need to do so. I live nowhere near you."

"Are you sure ? It's getting dark."

"I'm much safer without a pervert like you."

"Tch. Don't come crying to me later if something happens !"

"As if."

(Name) motioned Sasuke to go. Sasuke left (Name) and jogged in the direction of his house. (Name) stared at him as he went farther and farther away and finally, disappeared around a corner. Then, she walked towards her own house.

(Name) lived in a not-so-big-but-cosy house, all alone. Her parents were divorced, and both of them lived really far away. She refused to live with either of them, and was old enough to live alone, so they got her a house. They paid for all her expenses and gave her some allowance every month. She also had an older sister, who was getting married soon. She had already shifted in with her fiance, whom (Name) had never met. She had also offered to take care of (Name), but (Name) had refused again.

On reaching home, the first thing (Name) did was take a shower. She wasn't particularly hungry, and it was pretty late, so she decided to go to bed.