Five

(Name) slowly opened her eyes. She didn't have glasses on, so her vision was blurry. But she could see the silhouette of a woman beside her. Her sister. She was kneeling beside the bed and fidgeting with something. (Name) couldn't make out.

"What are you doing ?"

(Name) asked her. Her sister jumped and turned back.

"Oh, you're awake ? Do you know how much we were worried, you silly girl ?!"

The woman smacked (Name) on her head slightly as she sat back down.

"'We' ? Oh, you mean your boyfriend, right ?"

(Name) raised a brow at her sister, who turned beet-red at the mention of her 'boyfriend.'

"He's my fiance !!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

(Name) sat straight and rubbed her eyes. She felt for the bruise on her cheek; of course, she remembered everything, though she hit her head. Her cheek felt swollen up, but there was something applied on it.

"I'm at your house, right ?" asked (Name).

Her sister looked at her with sadness. Of course, (Name) didn't see that.

"..You.. sound like a stranger. I have already told you. This house belongs to you as much as it belongs to me and him. You-- "

"Where are my glasses ?"

(Name) changed the topic. She didn't want to have the same conversation as months ago with her sister again. It was the same thing she had said when she shifted in with her boyfriend.

"You broke them, remember ?"

"Uh.. yeah."

"But you have spare ones, right ?"

"I do. But at home. I don't carry them around."

"Want me to go get them for you ?"

"Don't trouble yourself. Give me my old ones and call a cab. I'll be fine once I reach home."

"You're acting like a stranger once again. I could drive you home."

"No, thanks. I don't want to die yet."

"You meanie.. I'm not that bad of a driver."

(Name)'s sister pouted as she sat beside her. She leaned over and examined (Name)'s bruise.

"Why do you get into fights when you know you can't handle them ? You're not as strong as you think."

"Shut up. I don't bother myself with those low-lives, let alone get into a fight with them. They started it."

"You should work on that attitude of yours."

"Hmph."

(Name) reached to adjust her glasses, but she couldn't feel them. Then, she remembered, she wasn't wearing them in the first place !

"My glasses."

She demanded, banging her hands on the bed.

"I thought you forgot."

"Well, I didn't. Return them before my head starts hurting."

"I can't."

"Why ?"

"I don't have them. He took them with him to get them fixed."

"What ? At this hour ?"

"Wait.. What time do you think it is ?"

(Name)'s sister got up and opened the curtains. Sunlight flooded into the room.

"It's the middle of the day !"

"What ?!"

(Name) freaked out. She got out of bed and started composing herself. She headed towards the door, but crashed into the wall.

"Wait.. where do you think you're going ?"

"School, of course. I have to."

"Isn't it too late ?"

"Considering it is the middle of the day, I can still make it for English, Art and Biology."

(Name)'s sister frowned at her and pulled her back. She brushed knots out of (Name)'s hair and started braiding it.

"Don't bother. I already called your teacher and informed him that you'll be taking a sick leave." said Shion, winking at (Name).

"I could've had a perfect attendance record, but you ruined it. How foolish of you, Shion."

"I'm not foolish." Shion stuck her tongue out at (Name). "You think you could make it there in one piece without your glasses ?"

"Hn. You shouldn't have given them to him."

"C'mon, (Name). You're still at it ? You don't have to hate him."

"Shion, you won't get it."

Shion frowned at her younger sister. (Last Name) Shion ('cause she still hasn't changed her last name), a twenty-something young woman with dark hair similar to (Name)'s, but shorter. She had a petite figure, and was much more cheerful and friendlier than (Name). But (Name) exceeded in showing maturity. Shion was a bit of an airhead, which was why she always got on (Name)'s nerves.

"Of course, I won't. (Name), you hate every other existence on the Earth for no reason. Plus, he--"

"Shion."

Both (Name) and Shion turned in the direction of the voice. It was unfamiliar for (Name), but Shion squealed and jumped in its direction.

"Oh, you're back. (Name), look here. I know it's been months, but this us the first time you've met him. He's--"

"Glasses."

(Name) demanded. With her blurry vision, all she could see was her sister's figure clinging on to a taller masculine figure with similar dark hair and fair skin. The man held out his hand with the glasses placed on top of it.

"Here."

He seemed to have smiled; (Name) felt it in his voice. But she ignored it. She grabbed her glasses from his hand and dashed out of the room, without once looking back. She dashed down the stairs, almost skipping a few, and headed towards the living room. Grabbing her belongings from there, she headed out.

"(Name), where're you going ?!"

Shion yelled after (Name) as she, too, dashed down.

"I've got work to do. I can't waste time here. Bye."

(Name) closed the door behind her softly and began walking. It was the same residential area to where she had tricked Sasuke into following her. She looked back to check if Shion was following her. She wasn't. The son shone brightly and there was not a sign of anybody on the road. (Name) was all sweaty, and didn't look much presentable - not that she cared much, though - so she decided to head home.