Thirty-Five

"This is all your fault." said (Name).

"No, it's your fault." said Sasuke.

They both stood in the bathroom, with Sasuke holding his foot under the cold running tap water, and (Name) holding her hand under the tap water in the wash basin. They both glared at each other, and would have ripped each other's heads off, had they been able to.

Just some minutes ago, Sasuke had almost spilled boiling hot water over himself. (Name), being the nice soul she was, reached out for the kettle before the water spilled on him. But, the water spilled on her hands instead and she immediately let go of the kettle, which fell on Sasuke's foot.

In the end, both of them had scalded themselves.

"Stupid woman, you threw the kettle on my foot !" Sasuke accused.

"I didn't 'throw' it. And it was going to fall on your shirt. You should be glad it only fell on your foot." (Name) said in turn, splashing some water on Sasuke's face.

Sasuke wiped it off and splashed some on (Name). She glared at him, and prepared to splash more water, when the doorbell rang.

"Someone's here to get you." said (Name), looking at Sasuke.

But there was a twinkle in her eye and something in her voice which just made him want to throw a bucket full of water on her.

She gestured with her head towards the door. "Go get it." she said.

"No. You go get it." said Sasuke, scowling at her.

"They are here for you. So you go get it." said (Name).

"This is your house. So you go get it." said Sasuke.

The doorbell rang again, and a fist pounded on the door. (Name) narrowed her eyes at Sasuke.

"Go, before they leave." she said.

"Why don't you go ?" asked Sasuke, glaring at (Name).

Neither wanted to leave the feeling of cool water running over their scalded skin.

Sasuke reached out to turn off (Name)'s tap. Before he could do that, she cupped her hands and directed the flow of water to his face, splashing him with water all over.

"Hey, I know you guys must be busy given that this is such an amazing chance, but you could at least open the--- What are you guys doing ?" Shion stopped mid-sentence as she reached the bathroom and saw (Name) and Sasuke splashing water at each other.

Itachi was right behind her, with a sweet smile on his face, as if what he was seeing was completely normal. (Name) and Sasuke stopped and stared at them.

"What are you doing here ?" asked Sasuke, with confusion and dislike eminent in his voice.

"More importantly, how did you get in ?" asked (Name) in an accusatory tone.

Shion grinned and held up her finger, spinning the key around it. That's when (Name) remembered that Shion also had a key to her house.

"If you had a key, then you should have just walked in." she said, rolling her eyes.

Shion ignored her statement and leaned on the doorframe. "What happened to you both ?" she asked while giggling.

Both (Name) and Sasuke were almost completely wet as the had been splashing each other with water.

"Why don't you ask this genuis over here ?" said (Name), glaring at Sasuke.

"I was doing it right, had you not interfered." said Sasuke, glaring back at (Name).