Forty-Two

Sasuke entered the room next day, only to be greeted by Shion's squeal of laughter. Sasuke winced as he stepped inside and closed the door behind him. He saw none other than Naruto sitting beside her bed, grinning stupidly, with a marker and scribbling messages on her casts. (Name) had pulled another chair beside him and had a marker in her hand too, which Sasuke found rather weird, because she did not seem like the type to write messages on casts. But she was also snickering at whatever Naruto was writing.

They all seemed to sense his presence there and the noise immediately died down. Shion was trying, and terribly failing, to hold in her laughter, which only made her face as red as it could get. Naruto also tried to stop grinning, but he ended up making a weird constipated face. (Name), on the other hand, was simply smirking at Sasuke as he raised an eyebrow at their actions.

Shion looked better than she did two days ago, when the accident happened. All the bandages on her face were still there, but she didn't look that much in pain. In fact, she looked happier. Naruto had only found out a day before after Mikoto called his house and told them about Shion's little accident. Kushina was shocked and immediately paid Shion a visit and brought her cookies to make her happy. Naruto decided to just spend his time around her till she got better. Sasuke had noticed how they got along pretty well.

He had also bumped into one of Shion's friends from her high-school days. Sasuke didn't know her name, but he recognised her face. He had seen her with Shion almost all the time during the wedding.

"What are you all up to ?" asked Sasuke. He eyed them all suspiciously.

"Nothing." said Naruto and Shion at the same time, almost immediately. It made it even more unbelievable.

Sasuke said nothing but simply raised an eyebrow. He took another marker from the penstand on the small table beside her bed and walked over to the other side of Shion's bed to write on the cast on her leg.

"You can't write there." said Naruto and waved his hands in front of Sasuke's eyes to blocking his vision. He had had a lot of fun scribbling and doodling on Shion's cast, but he wasn't sure if Sasuke would be happy to see his artwork.

"Why ?" asked Sasuke and rolled his eyes at Naruto's childish behavior.

"You can't because he already filled up the area." said Shion, but she was still red-faced and trying very hard to not laugh.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes at them. He pushed past Naruto and uncapped his marker to doodle on Shion's cast. But before he could do that, his eyes fell the drawing - terrible drawing - on it.

He turned back to look at Naruto with his face red, both with anger and embarrassment. Naruto sensed his anger, but couldn't help laughing in his face. Shion joined him too, and all Sasuke wanted to do was sit in a corner and bury his face in his hands.

On Shion's cast was a drawing on him, or what was supposed to be him. The hairstyle was exaggerated, but it looked like him. The eyes drawn on the face were too big and sparkling, as if he was giving someone his best puppy dog face. But Uchiha Sasuke doesn't do puppy dog faces. There was hands drawn right under his chin, dramatically clasped, as if he was pleading someone. Next to it was a chat bubble which said, 'But I love you, (Name).'

And that wasn't all.

A little above the first drawing was another drawing of him - he recognised the hair - glaring at someone. But there were red horns drawn on his head and lasers shooting out of his eyes. Beside it written was his signature 'hn.'

And then below it was a drawing of his face, again, but facing sideways. A drawing of a duck overlapped it such that the duck's butt was where his hair was supposed to be, or the other way around.

"You both." he pointed at Shion and Naruto. "You will pay for this." he said.

"Hey. (Name)'s guilty, too." said Naruto while laughing. "She wrote in the bubble and made the duck."

"Not you, too." said Sasuke as he turned to glare at (Name), but he only ended up pouting. He hadn't expected her to join their shenanigans and make fun if him too. She only slightly smirked, which she looked like she was trying to hide, and shrugged.

"Aw Sasuke, don't cry." said Shion as she reached over to pinch his cheek with her good hand. She managed to do it, but Sasuke slapped her hand away. It only made her laugh more.

"These aren't permanent, are they ?" asked Sasuke as he examined the marker in his hand.

"They are. But why do you want to know it ?" asked Naruto, taking a step back just in case Sasuke was planning on writing on theur faces.

"I was wondering if I could wash that off." said Sasuke as calmly as he could. But, inside, he wasn't sure if he wanted to sulk in a corner because (Name) joined Naruto and Shion in making fun of him, or strangle Naruto because Shion was already injured and he couldn't really do it to (Name).

"You cannot put water on the cast, idiot." said (Name). Sasuke saw a twinkle in her eye, as if everying was amusing her.

Sasuke scowled and sat where Naruto was sitting earlier. "Then I'll just draw something over it." he mumbled, but Shion heard it clearly.

"That's not very nice, Sasuke." she reprimanded him and threw a grape at him, which hit him right in the middle of his forehead.

Sasuke scoffed. "As if drawing funny pictures of people and throwing grapes at them is very nice." he said.

Shion stuck out her tongue at him. "I never said that." she said. "And we were only having fun. Are you so heartless that you won't let an ill person have fun ?"

"Who's ill here ?" he smirked at Shion.

"That's me." she said and narrowed her eyes at him.

"You're injured, not ill. Well, you are mentally ill but that doesn't count." said Sasuke. He almost mumbled the last part to himself, but Shion caught it as always. She glared at him and took the grapes out of the bowl and threw the bowl at him.

Sasuke managed to dodge it but only barely.

"I'm not." she insisted.

Sasuke looked at her and then at the bowl which was making a lot of noise until it finally settled down against the wall. "Sure, you're not." he said.

Shion was known to have weird reactions and also was kind of violent. But she had never thrown a bowl at Sasuke before. Maybe being on the bed for days without much real movement had gotten to her head.

Shion stuck her tongue out at him and glared. "I'm telling Mom." she said.

Sasuke rolled his eyes at her but ignored her. The very mature Shion he knew and missed was back.

He exhaled loudly and got back to drawing on her cast. "If I can't draw something over it, then I'll just draw something somewhere else." he said.

Sasuke began drawing a wonderful picture of Naruto, which was only two circles as his eyes and a large stupid grin and his hair sticking out in weird directions. He was never a wonderful artist to begin with, and now he was trying his best to make the drawing look funny. He wrote 'I love ramen' and 'Believe it !' beside it. And then he proceeded to write 'idiot' in bold right below it.

Beside it he made a face with huge glasses on it and drew the most ridiculous hair he ever could. But before he could write anything, he marker was snatched out of his hand by (Name). She narrowed her eyes at him.

"That's ridiculous !" said Naruto as he looked at what was supposed to be his face. "It doesn't even look like me. And I'm not an idiot." he said as he started drawing yet another amazing drawing of Sasuke.

"That doesn't look like me either." said (Name), crossing her arms over her chest.

Sasuke smirked and leaned closer to her. "But I never said it was you." he asked.

(Name) only gave him a hard glare before proceeding to draw another funny picture of him. Sasuke managed to get the marker back from (Name) and started drawing again.

Needless to say, it turned into a competition of drawing the funniest pictures of each other, with Shion being the judge.