Prologue

"I love you, (Last Name) (Name). Please be my girlfriend."

A certain raven-haired guy confessed, quite bravely in front of almost the entire school. Hushed voices and contained laughter could be heard as the said girl adjusted her glasses and raised a brow.

(Last Name) (Name) was the nerdiest - if that's even a word - girl at Konoha High. She had long dark hair usually loosely braided on one side and wore thick-framed glasses which seemed a little big for her considerably small face. Her style wasn't anything particular, just what she thought looked good on her and she felt comfortable in. She wasn't fat, in fact, she was a little on the skinnier side. Usually seen with books or at the library, her presence was always unnoticed, but that's how she liked it.

All this sudden attention annoyed her.

"No." she bluntly replied and started to leave.

Everyone was awe-struck. The nerve of this girl ! The guy who stood in front of her stopped her. She glared at him through her glasses. He smirked - oh, that famous expression - and leaned closer.

' The guy ', or as many readers might have already guessed, Uchiha Sasuke, a raven-haired onyx-eyed tall handome guy. He was good at everything he did, be it Sports, Academics, or even Home Ec. He was the topper at school, and had a fan club, with almost all the girls at school being his fan girls. So, to cut the long story short, he was basically a hunk. Just a look, be it a stare or a blank one, and girls would faint, like, literally. They simply drooled over him.

Now, why would a guy like him ask (Name) out ? Because it was a joke, a game. It was all planned by the 'popular group'. And for once, Sasuke agreed. He was supposed to ask her out, make her believe it was all real, play around with her a little, and then tell her the truth and dump her, making her a big joke, a target for all baseless rumours. It was purely for fun, and not particularly targeted at anyone. It's just that, the nerdy, quiet (Name) seemed an easy target.

"You know I wouldn't accept that as an answer."

Sasuke leaned even closer, his voice seductively low. (Name) could see many of the female 'specators' faint or get weak knees or scream or whatever, but her expression remained unchanged. She still stared at Sasuke, who smirked even wider and stared back, turning it into a staring contest.

(Name) sighed and gave up. She knew better than to compete with Sasuke in a staring contest. The stubborn guy was bound to win anyway, with the amount of practice he did, staring at almost every person he laid his eyes on every day.

She took a step back and turned to leave. She had no purpose being there. Sasuke stared at her back as she took long strides and headed towards the exit. Sasuke stopped her.

"Don't you get it ? I love you, (Name)." He protested.

"I'm not stupid enough to fall for that shit."