Forty-Eight

Sasuke sat close to Shion's dressing mirror and leaned forward. He turned his head from side to side and at every possible angle. He touched the bangs on his forehead and then the hair on the back of his head. He leaned back and looked at his reflection again. He hated to admit it but..

"You actually like it, don't you?" said Shion as she grinned and leaned back on her bed. Sasuke looked at her reflection in the mirror and then looked away. He tried to conceal the slight blush on his face.

After a huge amount of protesting from his side, Shion had managed to get Sasuke to sit still. Sasuke wasn't like Naruto. He wasn't very stubborn and determined to have it his way, although he would have loved that. After a while, he had just grown tired and given up and let Shion do as she pleased. Shion couldn't stand up so by stuffing pillows, she had managed to get into a high seat. Sasuke was made to sit in front of her as she worked on his hair. She had had the mirror covered so Sasuke wouldn't sneak looks. Naruto was standing by playing the role of Shion's assistant and laughing quietly every time his eyes met Sasuke's. That wasn't the least bit reassuring for Sasuke. (Name) on the other hand had found a comfortable seat in the corner of the room and sat with her nose in a book. Sasuke wasn't surprised.

An agonizing hour later, Shion had revealed that she had completed her 'work of art' and Sasuke could look in the mirror. Sasuke gladly did that. Even though Shion had been cutting his hair for an hour, there wasn't a great different to be seen. She had only trimmed his bangs a little and the hair at the back of his head didn't stick up as much as it used to. All of that just told him that a haircut was long overdue for him and now he felt better having gotten it done, although not by the hands of a professional. He had underestimated Shion and was wrong in doing that. He remembered hearing that although Shion was extremely clumsy, she had a natural talent at picking various skills up. He liked how his hair looked now at a shorter length.

"Thanks." Sasuke said a little reluctantly. After how he had protested against this and made up various excuses to get away, he actually liked it.

"Oh, don't worry about it. I enjoyed seeing your nervous face while I cut your hair and just before you looked in the mirror. It's not an everyday sight, you know." Shion grinned and Sasuke narrowed his eyes at her. Of course she enjoyed it. She enjoyed seeing people squirm. More than people, she actually only enjoyed seeing Sasuke squirm. A sadist - that's what she was.

"I take all my gratitude back." Sasuke said as he got up from his seat and walked over to Shion's side. Pulling a chair, he sat close to side of the bed and glared at her. She just smiled back at him.

"It's too late for that now, Sauce-kay." Shion said.

"Don't say my name like that." Sasuke snapped at her.

"Why ? Does it annoy you, Sauce-kay ?" Shion smiled at Sasuke, with a mischievous twinkle in her eye. Sasuke saw it and sighed. She was only trying to get on his nerves. All he had to do was be patient and not show his annoyance. Eventually, Shion would get tired and give up.

"Or is it so that you prefer Ketchup-kay more ?" Shion said and laughed at the end. Sasuke looked at her and scowled. Her face was red from trying to control her laughter and her eyes were twinkling.

"Oh, ha ha, that was so hilarious." Sasuke said monotonously as he gave Shion his best unimpressed stare.

"I know, right ?" Naruto managed to say as he laughed so hard that he made no noise. He had doubled over on the bed beside Shion and was shaking with laughter. Sasuke glared at him too. Only they both could find that so funny. It takes one weirdo to understand another. Shion loved annoying Sasuke and Naruto only helped her do that. When they both managed to become such great friends, Sasuke had no idea.