Twenty-Three

Sasuke looked at (Name) sleeping very comfortably in his bed. He turned to his mother who had followed him in there.

"What--"

"I told you to wait." she said with one hand on her forehead.

"What is she doing in here ?!" said Sasuke pointing at (Name).

"(Name) suddenly got a fever." explained Mikoto. (Name)'s temperature had suddenly gone high when she was outside and she felt dizzy. So, they let her rest in a room. Sasuke's room.

"I knew it..." mumbled Sasuke, looking back at (Name). He knew she was not well when he saw her at school.

"But why my room ?!" exclaimed Sasuke, but not too loudly. "Don't we have guest rooms ?"

Mikoto looked at her son with a small guilty but mischievous smile. Sasuke was right. They had two guest rooms. Even Itachi's old room was free. But she wanted to let (Name) rest in Sasuke's room. (Name) was too dizzy to notice which room she was being led in. Mikoto took an advantage of her in that state.

Sasuke didn't wait for an answer from Mikoto. He knew she had none. He walked up to (Name) to get a better look at her. He did nothing but stare this time. (Name)'s annoying mask was off which made Sasuke somewhat happy.

"Why is she even here ?" asked Sasuke.

"Oh. Akane brought her over with her too when we said we'd calculate the wedding expenses and share it." said Mikoto. Sasuke nodded.

"Wait-- Who's Akane ?!" asked Sasuke as Mikoto walked to (Name) and checked her temperature. There was only a slight fever.

"Oh, yes. You were never introduced to her. She's (Name)'s mother - Suoh Akane." said Mikoto.

"Mother, Shion says she'll take (Name) home and stay with her for the night." said Itachi, suddenly walking into the room. Shion entered just after him and nodded. They both stopped at looked at Sasuke. He looked bewildered.

"Did we.. interupt something ?" they asked and looked ready to leave. Mikoto stopped them.

"No, you didn't." she said. "Itachi, drive (Name) and Shion back. It's late now." said Mikoto and left.

Itachi smirked at Sasuke as he walked to (Name)'s bed. Sasuke glared at him. He glared as Itachi touched (Name) to check her fever. He glared as Itachi slowly picked her up and carried her on his back. He glared as Itachi slowly walked to the door.

"Wanna come too, little brother ? I'll drop you off here before I go home." asked Itachi.

"Hn." said Sasuke, but followed them out anyway.

Sasuke went with them. He just didn't trust the couple with (Name).

Wait, why did he care anyway ?

Even though Itachi wasn't trustable, Shion would see to her sister properly. She should. Sasuke did not need to come along.

"Here." said Itachi, as he parked outside (Name)'s house. He got out of the car to help the (Last Name) sisters out. Sasuke crossed his arms over his chest and stared out of the car at (Name)'s house. Now he knew why her house was empty when he visited.

"Sasuke, can you go open the door ?" asked Shion, handing Sasuke the key. She and Itachi were busy getting (Name), who was still sleeping, out of the car.

"Don't consider yourself worthy enough to say my name." said Sasuke as he grabbed the key from Shion and went to open the door.

"How cute." said Shion as she watched Sasuke. He did not hear her.

"Isn't he ?" said Itachi, and the both of them smiled to each other in the creepiest way possible. If (Name) were awake, she would've definitely doubted how they defined 'cute', because Uchiha Sasuke was not cute.

Shion closely followed Sasuke. This time, she carried (Name).

"Thanks, Sasuke." she said as she walked inside. She soon came back out without (Name). Sasuke handed her the keys.

"Good night, Itachi, Sasuke." said Shion. Sasuke gave her a small nod. He made faces as Itachi kissed Shion good night.

Sasuke hurried and sat back in the car. He looked at the couple from the corner of his eye and once again doubted his mother's decision of letting Shion take care of (Name). Mikoto had said (Name)'s mother had come over, so couldn't she take care of (Name) ?

Saauke suddenly realized that the woman he met near the door just might be (Name)'s mother. She had managed to annoy him in mere minutes; of course, she was (Name)'s mother.

Suoh Akane.

Sasuke felt he had heard that name earlier somewhere. Even when Mikoto mentioned it, he felt he knew that name.

Itachi sat back in the car.

"Do you want to spend the night at my house ? We could have an open-hearted brother-to-brother talk." suggested Itachi with a small wink.

Sasuke raised his eyebrow at Itachi. "Gross." he said. Itachi laughed lightly.

"Of course." muttered Itachi at Sasuke's reply. He stared at the empty road ahead. He hummed a tune with a smile on his face.

Sasuke glared at him, and then looked out of his window. He thought of his day. He remembered how (Name) was practically dragged out of school by a woman. Sasuke thought that woman must be (Name)'s mother. If that lady who he met near the door was (Name)'s mother, then it was definitely her.

Suoh Akane.

She was definitely something more than just (Name)'s mother. Sasuke was sure of it. He felt he knew this Suoh Akane from somewhere else, not just as (Name)'s mother.

"Hey, who is (Name)'s mother ?" asked Sasuke.

"Hm ? She's Suoh Akane." said Itachi without taking his eyes off the road.

"I know that." said Sasuke, and rolled his eyes. "I mean, who is this Suoh Akane ? I feel as if I've heard this name before too."

"Of course, you have." Itachi turned and gave Sasuke a small smile as he stopped in front of the Uchiha house. Sasuke climbed out of the car, but stood their waiting for Itachi to complete what he had to say.

"She's one of the greatest businessmen - women - out there." said Itachi, and drove away before Sasuke could ask anything else.

Sasuke speechlessly watched Itachi drive away until his car disappeared around a turn. (Name)'s mother... A business woman ? And such a famous one on that. He remembered reading stuff like, 'Success at a young age !' about her in a magazine.

He went back inside his house. Sasuke almost went into his room, but he remembered that (Name) had been there earlier. He quickly grabbed some clothes and went to another room. He'd even sleep outside on the couch to avoid getting (Name)'s cold. Sasuke knew his mother hadn't cleaned the room, so (Name)'s 'germs' must still be there.

He layed on the bed in one of the guest rooms and closed his eyes.

Who would've thought that (Name)'s mother would be the Suoh Akane ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:- Sorry for the extremely late update ! *bows*

I had my mid-term exams going on :'(

I will be updating very much this week to make up for the time I was away. Though there wasn't much of anything interesting, I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

(I'm really happy that you are still reading this extremely slow-paced story of mine. Thank you !)