Six

Sasuke rushed towards the library. That was the only place where he could meet (Name). Being careful about not making noise after he had been scolded by the librarian earlier, he sneaked up to the table where (Name) usually sat.

Usually.

She wasn't there then. He looked around to see if she had changed her table, but he couldn't see her anywhere. Sighing, he sat down. Maybe he was early. (Name) would have probably been caught up in some work. So he waited for her.

10 minutes passed.

Still there was no sign of (Name). His gaze was locked on the door, waiting to land on (Name) the second she enters. But she wasn't entering.

20 minutes passed.

Sasuke started to get impatient. He kept glancing here and there in case he had missed her earlier. But he still couldn't find her. He got up and grabbed a book to read to calm himself down.

30 minutes passed.

Sasuke reached his limit. He slammed the desk as he got up and stomped his way towards (Name)'s class-room. Where could she be ? He heard the librarian saying things about being quiet behind him, but he couldn't care less. He had more things on his mind.

He slammed (Name)'s class-room's door open. There was hardly anybody inside. Some girls squealed at his sight. He quickly scanned through their faces. (Name) was not there.

"Where's (Name) ?"

"Oh. You mean that awfully ugly nerd who has her nose up in the air ?" One of the girls answered.

"She took a leave today. But who cares ? You can--- "

Sasuke glared at her, which clearly meant he was telling her to shut up. She understood that and shut her mouth. Giving her one final glare, he left. He could hear the girls bickering over who he had looked at even in the corridors. But again, he couldn't care less. He had to find (Name) first.

(Name) reached home pretty fast. She kept her bag near her bed and went to take a shower. The hot water made the bruise on her cheek sting.

Around 20 minutes later, she came out. She checked the time. School hours were already over. She was really pissed off because she missed school. All because of Shion.

(Name) took her books out of her bag to study. Her eyes fell on the box of chocolates. She got it out and opened the lid. She poked the chocolates. They weren't as hard but they hadn't completely melted either. Somehow.

She remembered that she hadn't got to taste them. Still hesitant, she took one of the chocolates and tore the wrapping paper off. She looked at it and gulped. She never liked sweet things. Plus, who knows if Sasuke had put something funny in it ?

But there was a 50% chance for that. The other 50% meant he had made it nicely for her. If so, it wouldn't be right to throw it away without even tasting it. In fact, she shouldn't even throw it away.

She slowly brought the chocolate to her mouth. Whether she liked it or not, she was going to return the rest to Sasuke.

Just when she was about to pop it in her mouth, the door bell rang. (Name) jumped and quickly put the chocolate away. She rushed to get the door, putting the box in the refrigerator along the way.

"Yes ?"

(Name) asked as she peeped through the door. She saw blonde and blue.

"(Name) !!! What-- How--- Why did you take a leave today ?!"

Naruto pushed the door open and stepped inside. He shook (Name) back and forth, almost knocking her off her senses. She put his hands away and adjusted her glasses and looked at him.

"Uzumaki Naruto, the human." said (Name).

"What are you doing here ?"

"What do you mean, 'what' ? I heard you took a leave so I came in to check on you."

"Why ?"

"Because you're my friend !"

"...."

"Stop yelling. You're disturbing the neighbors."

(Name) crossed her arms over her chest and glared at Naruto. Naruto looked around and rubbed the back of his head apologetically.

"How did you know I live here ?"

"I know everything !"

Naruto winked and showed (Name) a thumbs-up. (Name) stared at him, unimpressed. He obviously got her address from the records. (Name) glanced behind Naruto. There was a girl with short pink hair who looked really pissed off. (Name) looked back at Naruto questioningly.

"Oh. This is Sakura." said Naruto, slightly pointing behind at the pink-haired girl.

"..and Sakura, this is (Name)."

Naruto turned and let Sakura look at (Name).

"Hello. I'm Haruno Sakura." greeted Sakura.

"I'm (Last Name) (Name). Nice to meet you, Haruno Sakura." (Name) greeted back.

"Just Sakura."

"Oh. Nice to meet you, Just Sakura."

Sakura glared at (Name), boiling with rage. She had just met her and she already hated her. She was about to say something, but Naruto put a hand on her shoulder and stopped her.

"Sakura, you had a date with Ino and the girls at the mall, right ? It's almost time."

Sakura checked her phone for time. (Name) looked at her phone. It had a really shiny pink back cover with more shiny stickers on it. There were too many phone straps - so many that they almost out-shone the phone itself. (Name) cringed at the sight.

"Oh, my God, you're right ! I have to rush. I'm running late."

Sakura put her phone back and jogged off. Jogging with heels as high as hers would've been near to impossible for (Name), but Sakura did it. (Name) and Naruto stared after her.

"..What was that ?" asked (Name). Naruto grinned and ruffled his hair.

"You see, I was scared to come here all alone, so I dragged her along."

"Scared ? Of what ?"

"Uh.. um.. Never mind that."

Naruto noticed the bruise on (Name)'s cheek.

"Whoa. How did you get that ? It must really hurt."

Naruto reached to touch her face but she slapped his hand away.

"It's none of your business."

"But---"

"If you're done with whatever you came here for, get going. I have other work to do."

(Name) shoved Naruto out of her house - though he was barely inside - and slammed the door shut. Naruto banged on the door.

"(Name) ?!"

Nobody answered. He sighed and started to walk off slowly, his gaze never leaving to door, hoping it would open. Soon, he gave up and jogged off. He knew (Name) wasn't going to open the door.

(Name) sighed and went back to her room. She changed into some more presentable clothes and braided her hair properly. She grabbed some books and her phone and money and headed out. Making sure that she had locked the door properly after her, she started walking towards the library.