Chapter 05

Kapag may pera ang kalaban ay talagang talo ka pagdating sa anumang pinaglalaban. Balisa ako at hindi mapakali dahil sa sinabi ng babae. Nakatingin siya sa akin na kapag magsalita ako ng hindi naaayun sa kagustuhan niya ay parang makakain niya ako ng buhay. Ganun ang pinapakita niya sakin. But I had the rights to say what I wanted to say because I had a contract with my now employer.

"Sorry ma'am, but I think you're just mistaken. I may be working at that said hotel but I also contract with them. I—"

"This is foolish." she muttered under her bored tone. She sighed and flipped her hair backward. "I'll talk to your agency, miss Salamara and everything will be settled once I talk with them. But Hyunjin Nam wants you to work with him. I don't know why of all the people, it's you. You're not even a Korean citizen. You work with him, miss Salamara and everything is gonna be good."

This was really surprising. I didn't even exactly know that celebrity, tapos sa kanya pa ako magtratrabaho?Pride kept bringing me up. I didn't want to be someone else's maid. Nagtrabaho ako sa hotel bilang isang OFW at hindi masama ang ganung trabaho. Isa pa ay marami kami at may kontrata pa ako kaya yun ang pinaghahawakan ko.

"Sorry but who are you? I know Hyunjin Nam. He's a celebrity, yes. But who am I talking to?"

"I'm Ellen Choi. I am Hyunjin Nam's manager. He called me and saying he wanted someone who owned the name Lowie Salamara who works at Anja Hotel. As what I'd said, I already talked to your boss and your agency. It's already fixed and you can start working tomorrow, be at the Anja Hotel at exactly seven a.m sharp. Don't be late. I don't tolerate late comers." she said like she owned me and like she's the most powerful woman here in Korea, but she's only a manager.

It annoyed me when some people looked at me like a trash. That was why I hated going out, meeting lots of mean and toxic people. Hadn't they noticed that they were also the reason why earth had been polluted? It's because of them. Toxic people pollution. It should be appear on every educational books and teach children about that newest type of pollution. Ang sarap ng hangin sa Korea dahil presko pero dinudungusan ng taong kagaya ng manager ni Hyunjin Nam.

"Look miss, I don't have time with your jokes right now. I don't care if you already talked to my agency and my employer but I'm just a foreigner and Hyunjin Nam must choose someone else. Maybe, a Korean worker from different agencies, instead, and not me." I struck, not being able to lose this battle for my rights.

She breathed her patience but at the same time, she rolled her eyes. She's taller than me. But that didn't make me shiver. I was done with human like her. My parents were also like that to me. They're always get what they wanted. Pang-aabuso na ito sakin. Walang may gustong idown ng kapwa tao. Kung sino pa talaga ang nagpapakababa sila pa yung inaalila. World wasn't fair after all.

"Do you want to go to jail?" she threatened.

That stopped me. I didn't want to go to jail. I didn't want to waste my precious time inside the cell. Kapag wala kang pera ay wala kang laban. Huminga ako ng malalim para kumalma. Kung pairalin ko ang init ng ulo ko ay ako pa ang pagtatawanan niya dahil nagpadala ako sa nararamdaman ko, hindi ako masyadong nagpakumbaba sa kanya. Kaya hindi na ako nagtatanong kung bakit may gyera sa ibang bahagi ng mundo dahil walang balanse sa mundo. Lahat may pinaglalaban kaya nagtatalo.

Binuka ko ang labi ko para makasagot sa kanya pero biglang bumukas ang elevator at niluwa nun si Jisoo at may dalang isang itim na plastic bag. Nagtataka niya kaming tinignan, kumunot ang noo niya nang pagmatain ang babaeng kaharap ko.

The woman saw Jisoo, she just raised her brow. She looked back to me with her signature look, something that had a grudge look. "Think about what we offer to you, miss Salamara. If you refuse, you'll go to jail." she said before she turned around walking like a ramp model.