Chapter 3

Travis's POV

I awoke to the familiar chime of my phone, only to find a message from a mysterious unknown number.

Unknown: Hi, this is Tree Paine! As you may know, I'm one of Taylor Swift's managers. She wondered if I could get you two in contact.

My face flushed with excitement; it felt like a scene straight out of a teen romance movie. Who cared how she got my number? The fact that Taylor Swift might be interested was all that mattered. My fingers danced over the keyboard as I eagerly crafted a response.

Travis Kelce: Hello, thank you for reaching out! I'm assuming this is about the podcast segment from the other day. If I'm correct, please feel free to send her this phone number.

As I hit send, I couldn't help but wonder why I felt so jittery. Sure, I'd asked girls out before, but never someone as perfect as Taylor Swift. It was like being in the middle of a thrilling plot twist in a novel.

My shaky hands pulled up my brother's contact, and I bravely pressed the call button. I knew he'd be annoyed at me for interrupting his beauty sleep at 7 in the morning, but this was too big to keep to myself. After what felt like an eternity, he finally picked up.

"Bro, what do you want? It's 7 in the morning," he grumbled, mirroring exactly what I expected.

"Remember the concert I went to?" I teased, knowing he couldn't forget.

"The Taylor Swift one? The one you made that bracelet for?" His voice softened, probably to avoid waking Kylie.

"Exactly! I got a message from her manager this morning, asking if she could put us in contact." My excitement bubbled over, the thought of having a chance with the girl of everyone's dreams lighting up my morning.

"You have no chance, bro. Look at her; she's stunning, literally everyone's dream," my brother tried to humble me.

"Jason, let me have this, please. You can laugh at me when it doesn't work." I playfully joked, and just as I was about to spill all the juicy details, my phone pinged in my ear.

I pulled the phone away for a second to check who it was. "I have to go," I blurted out quickly before hanging up.

Unknown: Hello Travis, this is Taylor. My manager Tree Paine gave me your phone number. I was wondering if you wanted to get to know each other. I saw the video of you saying you wanted to give me your number.

My excitement skyrocketed, and I couldn't believe what was unfolding. I hastily took a screenshot of the message and sent it to my brother.

Trav: Bro, I do have a chance with her!

Jase: Good luck. You are acting like a teenage girl.

Trav: Taylor Swift just asked to get to know me, what do you expect, bro?