chapter 22

A/N merry swiftmas, here is my present to you.

I unlocked my phone and opened Travis's contact for the first time since messaging him back the other day,

My hands were shaking and my heart was racing

"Hi, Travis..." I said as he answered the FaceTime call

There was an undeniable tension hanging between us , a mix of emotions visible in their expressions.

"How have you been?" He asked breaking the silence

I sighed, "It's been tough. I've been trying to keep busy with work, you know."

"Yeah, same here. But... I miss you, Tay. I miss you, I want to be with you I will do whatever it takes."

There was an awkward silence while I thought, I had never been so nervous to talk to him, not even the first time i met him.

"I miss you too. And... I've been thinking a lot about what happened." I said not lying but not wanting to admit that I had messed up.

"Me too. I've been reading your message over and over again, and I just want you to know I'm sorry. I messed up, Taylor. I should've listened more."

"Stop, no, it's not your fault. I should have said something, I just dont want to force you into this kind of publicity."

There was a moment of silence as we sat there waiting for one of us to talk.

"Can we try again, Tay? I mean, if you want to."

I took a deep breath "I want to, Travis. I miss what we had. But we need to talk about publicity,"

"I promise to be more attentive, more understanding this time. I want to make it work, Taylor."

"And I promise to be more open, to communicate better. I want this too, Trav."

The FaceTime call ended, leaving me in a whirlwind of emotions. Travis's words echoed in my mind, his earnestness stirring a myriad of thoughts and feelings. I closed my eyes, trying to steady my racing heart as I processed our conversation.

The room felt oddly silent after the call, but the weight that had been pressing on my shoulders had somehow lifted. There was hope, a flicker of optimism that maybe we could navigate through this storm and find our way back to each other.

I paced around the room, the words exchanged in the conversation replaying in my mind like a broken record. Travis's sincerity was palpable, his desire to make things right evident in every word he spoke. And yet, there was this looming shadow of the past, the fear of history repeating itself.

Sitting back down on my bed, I grabbed a notebook and pen. Thoughts raced through my mind, ideas about how we could manage our relationship in the spotlight, the compromises we might have to make, the boundaries we'd establish.

My heart still fluttered with uncertainty, unsure if I was ready to take that leap again. Trust was fragile, and the wounds of the past were still raw. But then, there was Travis, earnest and genuine in his plea to try again.

The phone buzzed with a text notification, pulling me out of my thoughts. It was Travis, a simple message that read, "I'll wait for you to be ready."

I took a deep breath, my fingers hovering over the keyboard, trying to articulate my thoughts in a text. There are things we need to figure out. But I want to try too. I will see you on sunday."

With the message sent, I placed the phone aside, feeling a mix of anxiety and relief.

As much as I wanted to fly straight to Kansas and run into travis's arms but I couldn't do that for another day.

I sat in the cair as my makeup was being done for me.

"You seem happy," Tree said as i checked my phone for the millionth time,

"Ohh by the way I am going to the chiefs game tomorrow," I said looking over at her causing me to get scolded by the makeup artist,

"Sweetie, stay safe please," She said brushing her fingers through my hair,

"I will, We are going to talk before, If I want to leave I will," I promised as the ,ali[ artist was moving my head around.

The movie premiere of my tour was an electrifying experience, a whirlwind of emotions wrapped in a montage of breathtaking moments. The energy of the crowd, the raw passion pouring from the stage, and the overwhelming love from my fans were all captured vividly on the screen. Watching it unfold before my eyes brought back a flood of memories and emotions that I cherished dearly.

The moments of connection with the audience, the adrenaline rush before stepping onto the stage, the sheer thrill of performing—it was all there, beautifully captured in the film. As the credits rolled, and the lights of the theater slowly brightened, a sense of pride and gratitude washed over me. The support and love from my fans were unparalleled, and it fueled every beat of my heart.

However, as the last echoes of applause faded and the excitement of the premiere ebbed away, a more pressing thought consumed me. The weight of the evening gown I wore suddenly felt suffocating, the makeup that had been flawlessly done now felt like a mask. All I could think about was shedding these layers, getting rid of the façade, and flying straight to Travis.

I longed for the comfort of familiar clothes, the simplicity of being myself without the glam and glitz. The prospect of reuniting with Travis, of finally facing the conversation waiting between us, grew more urgent in my mind. The echoes of his voice from our recent FaceTime call played on repeat, each word a reassurance and a silent plea for understanding.

As the excitement of the movie premiere subsided, the anticipation of the pending meeting with Travis began to overshadow everything else. I wanted to shed the formalities, the dazzling attire, and just be myself, vulnerable and honest, with the man who had been a significant part of my life in such a short period of time.