Chapter 27

A/N- the original plan for this chapter was to work with another author to add some smut but sadly that ended up falling through at no fault to the other author. So instead here is a long chapter and I will also be posting chapter 28 later today once I finish prof reading and editing it!!!

I prepared for the show, meticulously applying makeup, each brushstroke deliberate as Travis's face illuminated the screen. His features danced in the soft glow of the camera. "What songs are you considering for the surprise segment?" he inquired, leaning in as if to catch a glimpse of the choices sprawled on the table.

"Thinking something from Midnights and Very First Night," I replied, sneaking a glance at the list of potential song choices lying in front of me.

"What songs from Midnights do you have left?" Travis queried, delving deeper into the musical aspect of the performance.

"Paris, Labyrinth, Glitch, and Dear Reader," I recited from my list, each song stirring a whirlwind of memories and emotions.

"Which one's your favorite?" Travis probed, sparking a thought.

"Don't make me pick a favorite child," I teased, knowing each song held its own special place. "Maybe I'll surprise you as well," I playfully hinted, keeping my choice under wraps.

He rolled his eyes in jest before shifting to another topic. "Have you seen the 'We Will Stay' thing?" he referenced the fan-driven project.

"I have. It's incredibly touching. I teared up when I found out about it," I admitted, the heartfelt efforts of the fans leaving a lasting impact.

As my dresser entered with my performance outfit – a new bodysuit and boots – my attention diverted from the call.

"Travis, I'll catch up with you later," I announced, nodding to the screen before directing my focus to the new additions awaiting my attention.

The anticipation of the new bodysuit was palpable as it hung on the clothing rack in my dressing room. "If you need help with the bodysuit, let me know. It might be a bit tricky since it's new," my dresser offered, his voice laced with genuine concern as he carefully placed the attire in its designated spot.

"Thanks, I will," I replied softly, admiration evident in my tone as I examined the intricate details. "It's so beautiful," I murmured, enough for my dresser to catch.

"It is, and expensive, so be careful. If you need help, ask for it. No damaging it," he reiterated, emphasizing the importance of handling the delicate outfit.

"Got it," I acknowledged, turning back to the mirror, a serene focus enveloping me as I prepared my hair and slipped into the opening costume.

The performance was a whirlwind; it felt like a fleeting moment from the time I stepped onto the stage to the final bow. As we made our way back to my dressing room, I checked the time. "What time is it in Kansas?" I asked Tree.

"About 6 PM," she answered, allowing me a moment to catch my breath before excusing herself, leaving me to gather my thoughts.

Travis's FaceTime call instantly connected as I settled in my seat. "How was it?" he inquired, eager for the details of the show.

"So good, can't wait for tomorrow's show," I exclaimed, excitement coloring my voice, anticipating his attendance.

"Me too. Do you know what time I'm supposed to be at the airport?" he inquired, provoking a laugh from me.

"Ask Tree. I'm as clueless as you are about schedules until the last minute. I'd be lost without her," I quipped, the sarcastic humor evident.

"Did you like the surprise songs?" I asked, knowing that he watched as many shows as he could on a face time call with tree.