Chapter 23

A/N - This is the longest chapter I have ever written it is around 2000 words

Tears streamed down my face as I sprinted off the plane and into Travis's waiting embrace. The moment I was enveloped in his arms, an overwhelming rush of emotions hit me like a tidal wave.

"Trav!" The word tumbled out of my lips as I buried my face in his chest, tears flowing freely. His arms encircled me, offering solace and reassurance in their warmth.

"It's okay, babe," he whispered softly, his lips brushing against the top of my head in a tender gesture that made my heart ache with both longing and relief.

"I am so sorry," I choked out, my voice trembling with emotion as Travis gently ran his fingers through my hair, trying to soothe away the turmoil within.

"Shh. We both messed up, but I'm right here," he murmured, his voice a comforting presence amid the storm of emotions.

"Stop blaming yourself, Tay," Travis murmured, his voice a gentle reassurance as we slowly pulled away from the deep embrace. His fingers were tender, brushing away the tears that streaked my swollen face, wiping away the evidence of the emotional storm.

He held my gaze, his eyes reflecting a mix of empathy and understanding. "We have a lot to learn,"

As we settled into the car, silence hung in the air, a palpable tension blending with a shared sense of relief. Travis reached out and gently took my hand, his touch offering both comfort and a silent apology for the distance that had grown between us.

"I missed you," I finally whispered, breaking the silence that lingered between us.

"I missed you too, Tay," Travis replied softly, his gaze fixed ahead as the car moved through the streets.

Questions, apologies, and emotions swirled in my mind, but I couldn't find the right words to articulate them. The weight of our past struggles and the potential for a new beginning lay heavy in the air.

As we arrived at his place, the familiar sight brought back a rush of memories, both joyful and challenging. Stepping into the warmth of his home felt oddly comforting, a space where we'd shared laughter, arguments, and dreams.

"Come on," Travis said, his voice warm and inviting. "Let's talk."

We settled into the living room, both of us cautious but willing to address the complexities of our relationship.

"We can do this," Travis said, his voice filled with conviction, breaking a momentary silence.

I nodded, a smile beginning to form on my lips, feeling a glimmer of hope and renewed optimism. "Yeah, we can."

"I think we need to talk about us in the public eye," Travis began, his expression contemplative.

I nodded, acknowledging the complexity of what lay ahead. "It's not going to be easy. Our relationship's been under scrutiny before, and it's taken a toll."

Travis sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I want us to work, Taylor. But I understand the pressure you face, the spotlight's not easy to handle."

I felt the weight of his words. The public eye had its demands, its expectations that often encroached upon the personal space we cherished. "I've struggled with it, Trav. I don't want you to feel pressured or trapped in a life you didn't sign up for."

"It's not just about me, Tay. I want to support you, but we need to find a balance," he admitted, his gaze meeting mine, a mix of determination and concern.

Finding a middle ground seemed like navigating a maze. "I agree. Maybe we establish boundaries, set rules about what's private and what's not."

Travis nodded thoughtfully. "And communicate openly. If something's bothering us about the publicity, we talk it out."