Chapter 12

The Sofi Stadium in Los Angeles buzzed with an electric energy that seemed to reverberate through the air. It was the crescendo of the USA leg of the Eras tour, a culmination of tireless rehearsals, meticulous planning, and the collective anticipation of thousands of fans.

Backstage was a whirlwind of controlled chaos, a symphony of last-minute adjustments and preparations. Amidst the organized frenzy, I delved into my pre-show rituals, a blend of focused concentration and the underlying buzz of excitement. The air crackled with a potent mix of nerves and adrenaline as I readied myself to step onto the colossal stage.

Amidst this orchestrated chaos, a familiar voice sliced through the bustling noise. "Hey there, superstar."

I whirled around, surprised to find Travis leaning casually against the doorway, a playful grin dancing on his lips. His unexpected appearance amid the hustle and bustle instantly quelled the flutter of nerves within me. With a skipped heartbeat, I rushed into his embrace.

"Travis!" I exclaimed, my heart swelling with joy. "What brings you here?"

He enveloped me in a warm embrace, planting a gentle kiss on my forehead. "I couldn't possibly miss your final show on the USA leg. Had to be here to support you, Taylor."

An overwhelming rush of emotions flooded through me—joy, gratitude, and an indescribable sense of love. His presence amidst the whirlwind of the tour was an anchor, grounding me in the midst of the chaos.

"I'm so thrilled you're here," I whispered, feeling a newfound surge of confidence coursing through me.

Travis beamed at me, his eyes sparkling with admiration. "Wouldn't have missed it for the world. And guess what? I've got a surprise for you."

Before I could even utter a word, he reached into his pocket and retrieved a familiar-looking bracelet—the one with his phone number engraved on it.

"You kept it?" I gasped, deeply moved by his gesture.

"Absolutely," he chuckled, gently fastening the bracelet around my wrist. "It's been with me everywhere—every game, every trip. A constant reminder of you, no matter where I go. And, I've been waiting for the perfect moment to ask you something."

His voice was filled with warmth and sincerity as he took both my hands in his, locking eyes with me.

"Taylor Alison Swift, will you be my girlfriend?"

Tears welled up in my eyes at the sheer depth of his sentiment and the significance of his question.

In that fleeting moment, amidst the chaotic backstage frenzy, it felt as if the world around us had faded into insignificance, leaving just the two of us cocooned in our own world.

"I would love to," I murmured, my voice laced with emotion.

Travis enveloped me in a tender embrace, his presence grounding me amid the excitement and nerves. "You're going to own that stage, princess. I'll be cheering you on—I've got to stay backstage as instructed, but I'll be watching you on the screens. And I'll be right here when you finish."

With a final reassuring squeeze of my hand, he released me, nodding with a smile before disappearing into the bustling crowd of backstage crew and musicians, leaving behind a trail of warmth and reassurance that lingered with me as I stepped onto the grand stage.