Chapter 28

A/N a 3000-word chapter to make up for the lack of smut, if you write smut and are willing to help out send me a message!!!

The morning sunlight peeked through the curtains, painting the room in soft hues as I reluctantly peeled myself away from Travis's comforting embrace. His complaint about the time made me chuckle softly.

"Babe, it's 2 pm," I teased, trying to make light of the hour as I settled on the edge of the bed, the sheets pooling around my waist.

"Ten more minutes?" Travis pleaded with a mock frown, his playful antics attempting to prolong our stay in bed.

"Nope, get up or you gotta get to the stadium on your own" I teased back, playfully threatening him as I walked over to my closet, the room enveloped in the gentle morning glow. I glanced back at Travis with a seductive smile.

The golden hues of the sun filtered through the room, casting a warm glow as Travis sat up, strategically ensuring the covers veiled most of his lower body. With a playful grin, I fetched my clothes from the closet and settled beside him on the bed.

"You're enjoying this view, aren't you?" I whispered teasingly into his ear, a mischievous glint in my eye.

He nodded, leaning in for a kiss, but I deftly avoided it. "Too bad," I taunted, keeping our lips from meeting.

"Why do you always tease?" he chuckled, his voice a mixture of amusement and playful frustration, as I began dressing.

Ignoring his statement, I connected my phone to a small speaker I always carried in my bag. Even as I started applying makeup, he remained sprawled in bed, watching my every move.

"I'm serious, Kelce," I warned, meeting his gaze with a pointed look, "I will leave without you." The playful banter filled the room, a playful morning routine between us.

In the midst of finishing up my hair, Travis finally stirred from the bed and began to dress.

"I still think it's unfair. It takes me a good two hours to get ready, and you can be out the door in five minutes," I jested, sliding my phone into my bag.

"It's because I'm naturally stunning," he quipped, grinning as he twirled around, displaying a mockingly confident strut.

"You're saying I'm not?" I teased back, a playful smirk curling at my lips.

"Well, no... I mean, you are..." he stumbled over his words, caught off guard, which only made me burst into laughter.

I leaned in and kissed him, playfully silencing his stuttering, as we stood there the kiss deepening my phone chimed, I quickly grabbed it to check who it was.

As I glanced at the time and a message from Tree, panic set in.

"Shit, we are so late," I blurted out, reading the text from Tree aloud:

Tree: You are 10 minutes late. If you take any longer, I am coming into your hotel room and kicking that boy of yours out.

I chuckled at the playful threat before quickly typing a response:

TS: Sorry, be there in a second

With a hasty glance at Travis, who was still fixing his hair, I chuckled and hurriedly grabbed my essentials, giving him a teasing smile before dashing out the door.

As we settled into the car, Travis, seated in the front per Tree's insistence, voiced his inquiry, "Do I have to stay backstage today? Or like what is the plan?"

Leaning forward slightly, I joined the conversation, injecting my thoughts, "I was thinking a hard launch today." The sudden suggestion seemed to startle Tree, but an adorable blush crossed Travis's face.