Chapter 29

The sun streamed through the curtains, casting a soft glow in the room. Travis glanced at the clock, a hint of reluctance in his eyes. "Can we just stay here for a few more minutes?" I pleaded, my voice filled with a soft longing.

"Babe, I really need to get up and get ready to go," he replied, leaning down to place a tender kiss on my head.

"But I want cuddles," I said, summoning my best puppy-dog eyes, hoping to persuade him to linger a little longer in the warmth of the moment.

I wrapped my arms around him as much as possible to prevent him from leaving the bed. His warmth enveloped me, and I relished the comfort of his presence.

"You know I can carry you," he murmured, pressing a gentle kiss on my head and shifting slightly so I could lean against him.

"Babe, please!" I begged, closing my eyes and leaning into him, hoping my weight would convince him to indulge me a little longer.

Travis chuckled softly, his fingers tracing patterns on my back. "Alright, just a few more minutes," he finally relented, lifting me effortlessly into his arms. I wrapped mine around his neck, snuggling closer as he laid back down in the bed.

"I'm not going to see you for 2 whole weeks," I said, drawing out my words.

"I know, baby. I don't know what I am going to do with myself," he said, kissing my head.

"I will call you every evening and morning, I promise," I assured him.

We held each other a little tighter, prolonging our embrace, neither of us quite ready to let go. "That's a deal," I replied, my voice betraying a hint of reluctance. His fingers gently brushed through my hair, comforting and reassuring. "I'll miss you," I murmured, feeling the weight of impending separation settle in.

"I'll miss you more," he replied softly, planting a lingering kiss on my forehead as we exchanged one last embrace.

"As much as I don't want to move, I do really need to get ready to go, and you, my love, need to get to sound check on time," he said, kissing my head between words.

"But I want to be here with you," I sighed, my reluctance palpable. He was right—I had obligations, and I needed to get up and ready for the sound check.

Travis brushed his fingers gently across my cheek. "We'll have our time together again soon, love. But right now, I need you to get ready for your show," he urged, his voice soft but insistent.

I sighed, acknowledging the truth in his words. Slowly, I untangled myself from his embrace, feeling a bittersweet tug in my heart as I began to prepare for the day.

I managed to get to sound check on time, and as soon as I was back in my dressing room, I was on a FaceTime call with Travis.

"I miss you," I sighed, resting my feet up as I leaned back in the chair.

"You saw me just two hours ago," he chuckled, a playful glint in his eyes evident even through the screen.

"You don't miss me?" I teased, half-seriously, waiting for his response.

"No, I miss you with all my heart, and I want to be there with you right now," he replied sincerely, the warmth in his voice echoing his affectionate words.

The final moments of the show left a lingering rush of exhilaration, a blend of accomplishment and excitement that coursed through me. I took a deep breath, feeling the familiar buzz of energy that always followed the end of a successful performance. The crowd's cheers still echoed in my mind as I hurriedly made my way offstage.

Amidst the controlled chaos of backstage, I quickly changed out of my stage attire, trading it for a more comfortable ensemble. With the show done, I didn't want to waste any time. Time was precious, especially with the sudden shift in schedule.