Chapter 24

A/N all I have done today is write, 2 chapters both almost 2000 words, I haven't had anyone proof this so please lmk if there are any issues.

Travis's pleading eyes bore into mine, an earnestness that tugged at my heartstrings. "Please just talk to me, Taylor," his voice was soft, a plea edged with vulnerability as I continued to stand there, wrestling with my emotions.

His confession echoed in my mind, reverberating through the silence that hung heavy between us. "If you don't love me back, that's fine, I get it. But I love you," he reiterated, the words punctuated with a newfound confidence, a raw openness.

"Come back to New York with me," I finally managed to speak, my voice barely audible. It was a plea, a way to bridge the unspoken gap, to convey what I couldn't put into words. I wanted to show him, to demonstrate the depth of my feelings in actions, in moments shared together.

But as his face fell, a pang of guilt twisted within me. "Tay," his voice cracked with disappointment. "I want this, I want us. If you don't love me, tell me."

The weight of his words pressed against my chest, the turmoil within me swirling like a tempest. It wasn't that I didn't want to love him or that my heart didn't feel an unspoken truth. It was the fear that gripped me, a fear of allowing myself to fall so deeply in love, of the vulnerability that came with it.

"I don't know how," I confessed, my voice wavering with the weight of my apprehension. "It's not that I don't love you... I'm just scared," the words spilled out, laden with an admission I'd been afraid to confront.

He leaned in, the tenderness in his touch echoing the intensity of his emotions, and our lips met in a gentle embrace. As we pulled away, our breaths mingled, creating an intimacy in the silence between us.

"I love you too," his words enveloped me in warmth, a reassurance that seeped into the depths of my being. Tears welled up in my eyes, a mix of emotions cascading down my cheeks.

"Thank you," I murmured, my voice quivering with the weight of the moment. He tenderly wiped away the tear that traced its path down my face, his touch comforting, grounding me in that moment.

"Can we go inside now?" I managed to laugh slightly, the emotional tension slowly dissipating.

We walked together, hand in hand, the comfort of his touch easing the knot in my stomach. The familiar threshold of his home felt like a sanctuary. We settled in the living room, the coziness wrapping around us like a blanket.

"So what time are we leaving tomorrow?" he asked, handing me a cup of steaming tea. Its warmth seeped into my hands, offering a sense of comfort.

"So you're gonna come with me?" I replied, taking a sip of the soothing tea, seeking affirmation.

"Yes," his simple confirmation held a world of meaning, a promise that spoke volumes. With that agreement, we lapsed into a comfortable silence, letting the tranquility of the moment wash over us.

I shifted closer to him, allowing myself to lean into his embrace. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me securely, and in that embrace, I found solace. The rhythm of our breathing synchronized, as if in perfect harmony, and I closed my eyes, letting the peace of the moment envelop us both.

The next morning we were out the house by 10 and in new york by 3PM,

"I need to be at the SNL studio at 5, then we can go out for dinner around 7. It shouldn't take too long," I explained, mapping out the evening's schedule as we cruised toward the set.

"Do we have reservations?" Travis inquired, glancing up from his phone, his hand finding its way to rest gently on my leg.

"No, but Tree is going to sort it out. We're going to my favorite restaurant," I replied, a grin spreading across my face at the thought of revisiting that cherished place.