Chapter 20

A/N: Don't worry you didn't have to wait long

Travis's POV

I stood there in the door as she hung up the phone,

"Talk to me Taylor," I said in a demanding voice,

She turned around and looked at me,

"Why were you listening?" She asked turning her phone over so nobody could see the screen,

"Because I wanted to make sure you were okay," I said lowering my voice and stepping towards here,

"I'm leaving," She Said walking past me and straight up the stairs.

I stood in my kitchen in shock, I had thought everything had gone at least okay,I know she wasn't happy but that is why we left.

"Tay?" I said knocking on my open bedroom door.

"I don't want to talk," She said.

I listened and stepped back.

"Okay love, I am here if you need me."

I felt useless, I wanted her to talk to me, I wanted to know what was going on in her brain, and I wanted to know why she was doing this. But there was no use trying to push it, I didn't want to completely lose her,

She left my house 12 hours before she was meant to, leaving me alone,

I sat on my couch and put my feet up. I threw my head back and sighed. I had no clue what I was supposed to do.

I had pushed back the time I was meant to be recording the next episode of our podcast, just so I could take her to the airport. Now I was alone,

"Fuck it," I muttered before getting up and going upstairs where my phone was still plugged in from the night before.

I unlocked it and quickly scrolled through my notifications before going and texting my brother,

Trav: So change of schedule i am free at 2 to record the podcast

Jason: You not dropping her at the airport?

Trav: She left

I turned my notifications off and walked out of my room.

Taylor's POV

Sitting on the plane as it began its descent into Nashville, I felt a mix of emotions. The decision to divert my route and head to my family felt right, despite the whirlwind of emotions swirling within me. I needed their comfort, their familiar presence, especially after what had transpired.

I had my finger hovered over the send button for what felt like hours before I finally did it,

Taylor: I don't think this is going to work, I don't want to force you into more of the public eye and it seems clear to me you don't understand the extent of my life and that it isn't fair to put you through this.

The breakup with Travis was Something I didn't want to do The ache was raw, and my heart felt heavy. Despite the pain, there was solace in the thought of being surrounded by the warmth of my family.

As the plane touched down, a wave of nostalgia washed over me. Nashville, my hometown, held countless memories, and now it was a sanctuary I desperately needed. Stepping off the plane, the familiar sights and sounds embraced me, offering a sense of familiarity in an otherwise tumultuous time.

My car pulled up in front of the familiar porch, and I took a deep breath, trying to gather myself. Stepping out onto the pavement, I approached the door, my hand hesitating for a moment before ringing the doorbell.

The door swung open, revealing my mom's surprised but welcoming smile. Her eyes widened with concern as she took in my tear-stained face.

"Taylor, honey, what happened?" she exclaimed, immediately pulling me into a comforting embrace.

I couldn't hold back the flood of emotions anymore. "I... I broke up with Travis," I managed to say between sobs.

My mom held me close, guiding me inside, offering the solace of home. The warmth of my family's embrace was the haven I needed in this challenging time.

"Come here," My mom said leading me to the couch before she left into the kitchen,

My mom returned, carrying a tray with steaming cups of tea. She placed it on the coffee table and sat beside me, her comforting presence reassuring me that I was in a safe space.

"I'm here for you, my love," she said softly, offering me a cup of tea. "Take your time, honey. Whenever you're ready to talk, I'm here to listen."

Taking a sip of the hot tea, its warmth spreading through me, I tried to compose myself. Tears still lingered at the corners of my eyes, but being surrounded by my mom's comforting presence made it easier to gather my thoughts.

"It's just... everything happened so fast," I began, my voice trembling slightly. "Travis and I... we wanted different things, and I couldn't shake the feeling that it wasn't fair to him. His world and mine... they're just so different."

My mom listened attentively, her gentle gaze fixed on me, offering silent support. Opening up about the breakup felt like a weight lifting off my chest, even if the pain lingered.

"I didn't want to hurt him," I continued, my voice barely above a whisper. "But I felt like I was holding him back from the life he wanted. I don't know if I made the right choice."

My mom reached out, taking my hand in hers, her touch a source of reassurance. "Have you tried talking to him? as much as i love you, I can't help but think maybe you should talk and listen to him."

I sighed at her question and sipped my tea.