Chapter 18

Taylor's POV

My life was a whirlwind, but I always found solace in the small things – Netflix marathons, snuggling with my cats, and nurturing my relationships. Getting off the plane, I carried Meredith in my backpack and Olivia in my arms. Benjamin stayed behind in New York; he's not a fan of travel.

"Hey, beautiful," Travis greeted me in the VIP lounge, his eyes bright, but I couldn't help but notice his gaze fixed on Olivia.

"Are you talking to me or the cats?" I teased, trying to divert his attention from my feline friend.

"Can I not be talking to all three of you?" he chuckled, leaning in for a gentle kiss and pulling me closer.

His touch sent a flurry of butterflies through me. With just a day and a half together, I didn't want to spend it lingering in the airport. I craved a change into comfy clothes, to curl up on the couch with my cats and my boyfriend.

"Shall we head out?" I asked, hoping to move things along,

"Let's go," He said as we walked out into the small private car park, my security followed behind us as he drove us to his house. As much as I loved his house it wasn't very private, we had to go through the back and try and hide us entering. At least in New York, there was no chance of people getting in. That was my biggest fear when I was in Kansas. The constant fear someone would break in and hurt Travis.

Upon entering his house, I made a beeline for the master bedroom, slipping into one of his cozy hoodies and a pair of sweatpants, revelling in the comfort of his attire. The familiarity and warmth of his clothes enveloped me, easing the tension of the day's travels.

"I think you are the only woman in this world who looks just as hot if not hotter in an oversized hoodie and sweats," Travis said as I entered the living room. My face became a soft shade of pink at the flattery.

"You already have me no need for the flattery," I joked as I walked over to where he was sitting.

"Trust me I mean it, you are os beautiful," He said feeling up my body as I stood in front of him.

I rolled my eyes at him and sighed at his touch.

"Come sit here," He said gently pulling me onto his lap.

As we sat there he placed his arm around my body holding me in a comfortable position,

He grabbed his phone and we started to look at some of the houses we had been sending back and forth to each other.

"Thing is this one is gated," I said, I knew he wasn't fully looking at the security aspect of each house but it was constantly in my mind.

"Does that matter to much?" He asked in a genuine way,

"I mean no, but it is safer and i dont want anything to happen to you, and in new york I have 24/7 building security, because it is an apartment, for a house the only way you will get that kind of protection is if it is a gated community." I said thinking as hard as I could to explain what it was life for me.

"What about this one?" Travis asked, turning the phone towards me, displaying an elegant house with a large garden.

"It's beautiful, but it seems a bit too open," Taylor remarked, pointing at the wide front yard. "Security could be an issue, is it gated?" I asked

Travis nodded in understanding, swiping to the next listing. "What about this gated community? It's got all the security measures you mentioned."

I leaned in, studying the pictures intently. "That looks promising. Plus, the area seems peaceful. But it's a bit farther from the city."

Travis considered her words. "True, it's about a twenty-minute drive. But we'd have more privacy."

About an hour later and what felt like hundreds of houses that would seemingly be perfect apart from 1 or 2 things that we couldnt change, we decided to figure something out for dinner,

"Do you want to cook together or i could try cooking for us?" Travis asked as I leaned against him,

"I am so tired I really don't want to cook," I said leaning against his chest.

"I can make us something," He said, I looked at him in disgust,

"You're not allowed to move," I said as i got comfortable against him.

"Babe," Was all he said before kissing my head and pulling me into him and wrapping his arms around me.

"As much as I want to stay here like this we do need to figure out some dinner." He said braking the silence we had been comfortable sitting in for the past 5 minutes.

"If you move we are over," I joked as I wrapped my arm around him. "See meredith agrees," I said as she jumped onto the couch and sat herself the other side of him.

"Pizza?" He asked giving in,

"Sure as long as it means you dont have to move," I said as he kissed my head repeatedly.

"If I order it will someone have to go get it, like how do you order food?" He asked as he pulled up the app on his phone,

"I will text Mark he can bring it in for us," I said reaching over to the coffee table and grabbing my phone,

"Okay do I need to have it delivered somewhere else like a neibours or something?" He asked genuinely concerned for our safety,

"If you order it for collection mark will go get it" I said.

As I texted Mark to arrange the pizza delivery, Travis shifted slightly, earning a mock glare from Me. "Remember, no moving!" I quipped with a playful smirk.

Travis grinned and held her a little tighter, enjoying our cozy embrace. He glanced at the screen showing various pizza options. "Any preferences on toppings?" he asked, scrolling through the menu.

I shrugged. "Surprise me. As long as it's not anchovies, I'm good," I replied, a mischievous twinkle in my eye.

Travis chuckled. "No anchovies it is. Got it."

We were cuddled up in a comfortable silence waiting for the pizza, my phone buzzed. "It's Mark," I said, as I read the message "He's on his way, should be here in about 20 minutes."

"Perfect timing," Travis remarked, leaning back comfortably against the couch cushions.

With a gentle sigh, I relaxed into his embrace, feeling a sense of contentment despite the ongoing house-hunting stress. The evening light bathed the room in a warm glow, casting a tranquil atmosphere around them.