Chapter 7

"Vicki I swear to god I will call for Matt if you don't give those pills back to Jeremy!" I shouted to my sister as she handed out Elena's pills to her druggy friends.

Poor Jeremy was trying to get them back but Vicki was being... Well, Vicki.

"C'mon Jer it's just some fun." She argued playfully but Jeremy wasn't having it. He reached out for the little, orange bottle in her hand again but she managed to move it out of his reach.

"Stop being a bitch Vick," I whined, stalking over to them and ripping the bottle out of her hand "Go home Jer, I'll sort this out."

Handing the bottle back to him, he stormed off with an irritated look which left me and Vicki with the druggies.

"You're such a killjoy." Vicki complained

"Boo hoo." I pouted "Get over it."

Looking around the forest, I pulled a face at the smell and sight of all of Vicki's 'friends' smoking pot and swallowing pills.

"Are you staying or what?" My sister complained as she sat down on the leaves and taking a joint that a girl handed to her.

"Well someone has to make sure you don't OD." I sighed "But I'm sitting over there, nudge me when you're done."

Following the direction that I nodded my head to, I sat down against a tree and plugged my headphones into my ears, playing loud music to pass the time.

I pulled the sleeves of my hoodie over my hands more and zipped it up tighter since the coldness of the night was creeping up to me.

I think I actually began to doze off as one minute I was watching Vicki do some stupid dance with her friend and the next everyone was gone and it was practically pitch black.

Narrowing my eyes, I pulled my earphones out my ears and listened for movement.

"Vicki?" I called out, standing up steadily and taking a few steps into the clearing "Vick?"

The smell of smoke hit my nose and I instantly became wary. If those drugged up idiots have started a fire I'm not even going to intervene.

Perhaps they went back to the truck? Or I could just wait by there until I can find someone.

As I walked back to where the truck was parked, I slowed my walk as my eyes zoned in on something on the ground.

Well, not something... someone....

"Vicki?" I breath, quickly running to her side only to gasp at the massive bite mark on her neck that was spewing blood.

"Vicki!" I shouted, shaking her shoulders and feeling around her neck for a pulse.

My fingers were on her neck for two seconds before hands locked around my arms and lifted me up, slamming me forward into the truck.

Ignoring the throbbing pain in my ribs, I twisted my body round to see who the attacker was.

Dark hair. Pale skin. Blood covering his mouth. Blue eyes.

What the hell was this guy?

He went to lunge at me with his mouth bared, some fangs sticking out from his gums and I slammed my eyes shut, awaiting pain that never came.

Opening my eyes I found the man just staring at me, his piercing blue eyes just studying my face which only made me more panicked.

I think he sensed this as he took a step back, his eyes still glued to me.