Chapter 8

"You kissed Damon."

"Yes."

"Damon Salvatore."

"Uh huh."

"On the lips."

"Yep."

"And he went in for it first?"

"God Jeremy I've said this a thousand times. Yes, Damon kissed me." I sighed in a frustrated manor as we ran through the same sentences over and over again.

It was funny for a while but after the eighth time it got slightly irritating.

"I just... can't really get my head around it..." He rested his head back on the booth and shook his head in disbelief "I thought he fancied my sister."

"That's what Caroline said to me," I replied "Elena went really embarrassed and secretive about it so it might be true. If so then why would he kiss me?"

I sighed and downed the rest of my lemonade.

"Right, enough of the girly gossip. lets play pool and get the images of you and Damon kissing out of my head." He grimaced, standing up and smirking afterwards at my expression.

"Rude." I muttered, following him as a he laughed a little at my reply.

I told Jeremy to set up the game as I bought us another drink. While I was sat up at the bar, my mind was in a completely different world.

All I could think about was this morning...

I'm such a dramatic teenage girl.

But it just confused the hell out of me. If Damon liked Elena, why would he want to kiss me?

Vampires are confusing creatures.

Two drinks were placed in front of me and I thanked the bartender and payed for the drinks before joining Jeremy at the pool table.

He was poised over the table with his cue in hands waiting to take his shot.

"Finally." He muttered, jarring the cue forward and breaking the triangle of balls.

"Sorry, I was daydreaming." I mumbled in reply as I set down the drinks and picked up the extra cue.

"Teenage girls are so dramatic." He sighed in reply, his eyes narrowing slightly as I managed to sink two balls in one shot.

Smiling to myself, I went around the table to take my next shot which also sunk another ball.

This continued until I only had the 8 ball left which I unfortunately missed.

"At last!" Jeremy cried out, jumping to his feet and taking his second shot of the game.

"Don't worry, I let you have a turn so I didn't bruise your ego that much." I smirked, taking my drink and having a sip.

"Pfft, whatever." He brushed off what I said and took his shot.

"Come on Jer, I've beaten you so many times and you can never accept that a girl is better than you." I laughed, placing my drink back on the nearby table and leaning back onto a column that was placed near the pool tables.

As Jeremy began to actually get some balls into the holes, I relaxed backwards and closed my eyes as my brain went to wonder.

I was more confused than anything to be honest. I just wanted answers with this whole Damon situation.

But even if I got answers what would I do? It's not like I could have a proper relationship with Damon since everyone would attempt to stop me.

Oh, that and the whole immortal vampire thing. I'm pretty sure Damon wouldn't want to date a human who's just going to get old and die.