Chapter 23

I was in the kitchen with a cup of steaming coffee in my hand.

I think it was around three in the morning, I had no idea really.

I had been sitting here for over an hour, just drinking coffee after coffee.

After I heard Damon mumble what he did in his sleep, I was too shocked to even attempt to sleep.

The three words were still ringing in my ears.

I just couldn't believe it really.

I had no idea how I managed to slip out from his grip and from under the covers without waking Damon but I managed it.

And since I couldn't sleep, I decided coffee would be sustaining my lack of sleep.

The funny thing is I didn't even like coffee. It tastes disgusting to me but it didn't stop me from drinking it.

Thankfully however, the coffee was warming me up since I didn't take the common sense to put on any clothes after my night with Damon...

So here I was, sitting at the breakfast barstool, in just my underwear.

Granted, it was cute underwear but I was still cold.

I just didn't know where my mind was at right now to even care about wearing clothes.

I mean, it's by like Stefan and Damon haven't seen it before since I've slept with both of them now.

That makes me sound really bad now...

Everything in my head was confusing me.

Do I tell him? That I heard him talk in his sleep?

Do I just pretend like everything's normal?

It's not like a love at first sight, Damon and I have known each other for a while.

Granted, the first time we actually met was when he saved me from drowning but we've known each other for almost two years now.

It was crazy really.

I mean, of course we have never been as close as we were now but overtime I now realised his change in attitude to me.

When Kol was being all funny and Damon came to my rescue. When he saved me from falling flat on my face a couple of times.

Just all these little things have built up to this one big thing.

Taking a sip of the coffee, I grimaced slightly at the taste but swallowed it nevertheless.

But another thing lingered on my mind...

Did I love Damon?

It's been a gradual thing but I can't deny the attraction between us.

The way he just came into my room last night. I didn't ask him to come in, he did it of his own choice and we both consented to what we did.

I was certain it wasn't out of pity.

He understood me. Read me like a book.

Surely he must feel the same way that I feel about him.

That I'm not just some passing fancy until he moves onto the next when I'm old and grey.

That's another thought.

Even if Damon and I... Loved each other...

There was still the all gloomy fact that he was a vampire and I was a human.

Fair enough, now I at least have something in common with him with the blood lust but the whole immortality business? Something I was lacking.

I think that's one of the things that made me resistant to everything about Damon.