Chapter 17

I could have sworn school passed slower than usual for this week. Every single day just dragged to the point of me almost committing suicide by Wednesday.

Thankfully, it was the end of the day on Friday and I only had one more lesson left.

After the whole Connor incident, Jeremy and I had to explain everything that had happened. Also Elena lost the plot after the hunters curse took affect.

Klaus then decided that this was the perfect time to make his return and capture Elena before she killed herself or anyone around her.

He then also lovingly offered up on me of his hybrids for either Jeremy or me to kill.

Jeremy of course, stood up and killed him so he has his hunters mark growing.

Me on the other hand, had to stay away from killing any vampires whatsoever.

Everyone said it was hard enough with just Jeremy wanting to kill them, with me on top they wouldn't be able to cope.

So, I was on guard duty practically 24/7 but none other than a vampire. Clever right?

Stefan said he would keep an eye on me in school since most of our classes were the same but at home I had the pleasure of Damon looking after me.

Hurray.

We were filing into our next class which was History with the new teacher Mr. Rainer.

We'd had like three since Ric died so our grades were probably going to be terrible with all the changes. Mr Rainer seemed cool but he was strict when it came to misbehaving.

Throughout the whole lesson, he was talking about one of the many school dances that were coming up. I didn't catch what it was about but he just seemed to be nattering on about it.

A vibration from my pocket snapped me out of my gaze and I secretly pulled my phone out of my pocket to open the text that I had just received.

I narrowed my eyes as Jeremy's name popped up on my screen. I had only seen him literally ten minutes ago.

Meet me outside in the stoners pit in 5 minutes, make sure no one follows you.

What the hell kind of message was that? Nevertheless, if Jeremy wanted to see me then it must've been important.

Waiting until Mr Rainer finished his sentence, my hand shot up and grabbed his attention.

"Yes, Harri?"

"Can I uh, go to the bathroom please?" I asked.

"5 minutes Harri." was all he said as he nodded his head towards the door.

Huh, he never usually lets people out. I guess he didn't care when it came to me since I barely bother him in class whereas everyone else made it pretty hard for him when he started.

I left my bag on my chair and kept my phone in my hand out of sight before leaving the room. When I was out of the room and down the hallway, I checked to see if anyone was watching before texting Jeremy that I was on the way.

It only took me like two minutes to get to Jeremy since I had to hide for a moment when I saw my English teacher roaming the hallways.

When I got to the pit, I noticed Jeremy straight away by himself, leaning against the wall.

He looked different though. His once smaller frame was the complete opposite with more muscle bulging out of his t-shirt.

"What's up Jer?" I question as he turns to face me.