Chapter 28

Well this was fun. Elena was locked up in a safe until she turned on her humanity.

Which means I have the amazingly thrilling job of guarding her until Stefan and Damon think of a logical way to deal with her.

The past week has been rather exhausting...

Pretty much everyone found out I was a vampire, my brother included.

You can imagine how well that went down.

A lot of shouting, threatening, annoyed voices. You get the idea.

Right now he's too scared to even come and see me so I guess that's something.

So, here I was, sitting next to where Elena was being held with my headphones in to drown out Elena's annoying voice.

It's was extremely irritating as I could still hear here through the full volume of my headphones.

We both knew this so that's why Elena won't shut up.

Apparently I have to resist the urge to break her neck because its what she wants. To get under my skin.

Well she's doing a good job of it.

Eventually, after about an hour, Damon appeared in the basement with a blood bag and another person following behind him.

When I actually noticed who it was through, it's like my blood ran cold.

Katherine strutted into the basement and looked slightly surprised to see me.

"I thought I killed you?" She questioned with no remorse whatsoever.

"You helped with it," I replied, gritting my teeth slightly "Silas finished the job for you."

"Oh yea." She shrugged her shoulder and played with a ringlet of her curly hair "I forgot."

"Harri, I see you upstairs." Damon cut in as he could probably see I was extremely uncomfortable with the situation.

She killed Jeremy right in front of me and practically set me up for my death.

I didn't know what feelings were racing through me but it all converged into rage.

Wait... Something didn't add up... Jeremy was a hunter? So Katherine should be being cursed right now.

"How did you overcome the hunters curse?" I asked suddenly, a look of recognition crossing her face and a look of confusion crossing Damon's.

"Let's just say I found a hunter of my own. That and Jeremy was a pushover when it came to 'tormenting' me." She rolled her eyes "Gilbert's aren't scary."

It's something I didn't realise until I thought about Jeremy again which left an aching pain in my heart.

She got away Scot free from this whole bloody situation.

And we were all suffering.

God I hate Katherine...

"I'll leave you to it then." I mumbled, plugging my headphones back in my ears and playing my music loud again as I brushed past both of them.

Damon understands that my loathing for Katherine was pretty much on the same level as him so he didn't say anything as I went past.

We locked eyes for a few moments before I made my way upstairs and into the parlour.

I just needed to be distracted from all of this.

Just all the drama and threatening and all that shiz just needed to chill.