Chapter 20

"Harri. I never expected you to be back." Klaus smirked as I pulled at the chains that restrained me.

"Surprise bitch." I said breathlessly as all my energy had gone into killing the two vampires that had attacked me.

Let me fill you in on a little detail...

I finally made it to New Orleans after two days of hitchhiking and random people asking for rather sexual favours in return. Let's just say the word relieved of me arriving here couldn't even come close.

But of course, I forgot about how many vampires were actually in New Orleans.

Klaus had returned and told all the vampires what I was.

So of course their first instinct was to attack me.

But luckily, I was prepared.

I think I must've done it in my sleep a few days ago and stashed some stakes into the bag that I packed for my little journey.

So two dead vampires later and Klaus finally managed to catch up with me and, well, chain me up.

What I couldn't help but stare at whilst my hand was in chains was the tattoo that had now spiralled up my arm and was up to my shoulder.

It wasn't good that I was getting this deep into the mark but I couldn't help it.

"Now why would Harri Donavon come back to New Orleans while her precious Salvatore is still in Mystic Falls." Klaus countered with a smirk on his face.

I glared at him "I was a danger to them so I decided that I shouldn't live with them."

Klaus raised an eyebrow "A danger?"

I scoffed at his surprise "I nearly killed Stefan and Damon. I'm a lot better at what I do with the more I kill."

"Is that so?" Klaus pondered, moving across from the chair he was sitting at and walking over to a closed door which he opened.

A man came stumbling in, his forehead was wet with sweat and his breathing was ragged. There was a bite mark on his neck that looked particularly nasty. It didn't take a genius to figure out that he had been bitten by a werewolf. Or most probably Klaus.

"Kill him." Klaus simply shrugged his shoulders, appearing beside me and snapping the chains off my wrists.

He also handed me a stake from his back pocket when I was free.

I knew I was no match to take on Klaus and since the stake wouldn't work on him, my focus was on the dying vampire in front of me.

His eyes hung low as he feet dragged on the ground when he walked.

He was making his way slowly towards me, his eyes turning red with hunger.

I predicted his every move.

He would go straight in for the neck so I countered him. When he lunged forward, I strafed left and my arm caught around his neck to distract him from trying to bite me.

With one easy and swift movement I plunged the stake into his heart and he crumpled to the ground. I had already let go of his neck as I watched him effortlessly fall to the ground with a thud.

I sighed and looked over my shoulder to Klaus "That was barely a fight."

"If you want more then I can get you more." He smirked simply in reply. I shook my head and looked to my left arm. The tattoo had now grown so it was approaching the centre mark of my chest.

The more I killed the harder it was for me to focus on reality. It's like my mind was permanently in vampire killing mode.

"No thanks," I sighed, tying my hair up into a ponytail with the hairband I had on my wrist "I've killed enough vampires right now."