Chapter 22

I woke up to the car being surprisingly comfortable, which was confusing since I didn't feel the sensation of driving either.

Opening my eyes I was completely confused. Where the hell was I? And where was Damon?

I was lying on a bed and went to roll over when something stopped me. Or someone.

Damon's body was pressed against mine with his arm around my waist.

Um... When the hell did this happen?

I didn't really want to move since I was actually extremely comfortable but I knew the moment had to end.

I wriggled a little in his grip which caused him to stir awake slightly.

"Damon." I whispered, turning around in his grip since he had loosened it slightly "Damon, wake up."

"I am awake." I mumbled, his eyes still closed as I faced him.

"You don't look it." I said with a small laugh. A little smile twitched up onto his lips also as he finally opened his eyes.

Those bright blue eyes had me melting already despite the fact I had just woken up. I think we just lay there staring for a few more moments before a yawn pushed itself out of me and I had to bloke my mouth with my hand.

Damon laughed a little and was out of the bed in an instant, standing on my side of the bed and offering his hand to me.

Taking it, he helped me out of bed and made sure I was fully awake before leaving my side.

"You can shower and I'll order some food before we leave." He said softly, looking down at me and tucking a few strands of my hair behind my ear as it was probably all over the place from sleeping.

Nodding my head, he moved out the way so I could make my way to the little en suite bathroom.

When I had locked the door behind me, I had to take a few breaths to calm myself down.

How did he affect me so easily? And this early in the bloody morning?

It was ridiculous.

No boy I'd ever had feelings for had made me feel that way.

Well, no boy I have ever liked was Damon Salvatore.

Pulling myself out of my thoughts, I had a quick shower and dried my hair afterwards with the small hairdryer that the motel had provided.

Wrapping my hair into a messy bun with my hairband since it was still slightly damp, I checked over my face to make sure I looked decent before unlocking the door and making my way back into the room.

Damon was lying on the now made bed, with two trays. One was in front of him and the other on the spare space on the bed.

The trays were both filled with food.

Damon's had waffles coated in whipped cream and blueberries whereas I had pancakes that were smothered in what I guessed was chocolate spread. Which had cream and strawberries on the side.

This guy knows how to win me over.

My mouth was practically watering at the sight and smell of the food.

I dived onto the bed, grabbing a knife and fork and starting on the pancakes.

For motel food, it was extremely good. Like, amazingly good.

I didn't even talk for the five minutes that I gulped down every piece of food that was on the plate.

When I was finished, I rested the cutlery back on the plate and glanced to Damon.