Chapter 19

The stake moved in one fluid movement as I drove it forward, planting it into his chest. He gasped, dropping to the ground suddenly with his eyes glued to mine.

I didn't care anymore. He was my mission. My hunt.

Glancing over my shoulder, I saw my reflection in the mirror behind me. The tattoo on my arm began to wind up around to my elbow with the mark.

Looking back to the floor, I felt no emotion in my eyes for the vampire on the floor.

His once bright blue eyes were dull, and grey which matched his skin tone. Without another look, I walked out the room, grabbing my bag full of weapons along the way.

My breath caught in my throat and I snapped up in bed, my hand flying to my racing heart.

"Harri?" Damon was up in a second, his eyes searching my face and body to see what was wrong.

I covered my face with my hands as I felt a tear slip from my eye. I couldn't go on like this knowing I could possibly kill all the people I care about.

Damon pulled me closer to him and hugged his arm around me tighter. I couldn't help myself but to cry.

It was horrible.

I didn't want to blame Jeremy for what he did since I know how it feels to be overwhelmed with the hunters mark but it did annoy me that he did it.

I pulled my knees closer into my chest and buried my head into them, small whimpers escaping my lips.

"I dont wanna do this." I sniffled quietly, feeling my chest getting wet from my tears. I think this was the first time I'd ever properly broken down in front of Damon. Well, in front of anyone for a long while.

The last time I cried like this was when Vicki died.

"It's ok Harri. I'm gonna stay with you through all of this." Damon said into my cheek as he muzzled his face into mine.

"But I could hurt you..." I whimpered, finally lifting my head up and seeing Damon's face so close to mine.

His eyes were darker than usual which I didn't understand. They usually went like that when he was angry... Was he angry with me?

What I didn't expect was for him to push forward slightly and press his lips to mine. During this, he pulled my body to him so he was lying down and I was lying on top of him.

He broke the kiss and wrapped his arms around my closely, kissing the top of my head quickly.

I was kind of stunned at his actions but snuggled down into his chest nevertheless. Maybe he looked at me like that because he was hurt for me? Maybe because I was struggling so hard with everything...

I didn't know how long we lay like that with Damon's arms around mine, one hand gripping onto my waist slightly and the other rubbing small circles onto my back.

My legs were comfortably straddling over his waist which only made the moment more intimate.

When the rubbing on my back stopped, he began to play with my hair which made me instantly sleepy.

If anyone so much as plaits my hair then I fall asleep, it's weird.

The next thing I remembered was Damon pressing his lips to my cheek and slipping out from under the covers.

My eyes were closed and I felt around to find that I was lying under to covers with my head buried into my pillow.

The warmth that Damon was creating behind me just vanished and I curled my legs up closer to my body.