baby, kiss it better - kingdomcomeundone ao3

1. forehead

Cas was sitting at the map table, legs propped up on another chair as he read a book. He had recently discovered Percy Jackson and he was on the second book. He really likes Percy and Annabeth. He supposes their dynamic is close to his and Dean's.

He glances up at the bunker door as it opens, watching as Sam comes in. He wonders where Dean is before he sees him slumped against his brother, blood caked on his face and his flannel. Cas places his book on the table and rushes up the stairs to help Sam with Dean.

"What happened?"

"Vampires got a little rough. There were more than we thought in the nest."

He took Dean's other side and helped with the weight of the slumped hunter. Dean groaned lowly against Cas' side. They barely make it down the stairs before Sam lets go and sighs, leaning against the stairwell.

"Thanks, Cas."

"Sam, you have wounds too, do you want me to-"

"Yes, please, if you don't mind." He nods and sets Dean up in the chair he was sitting in before and puts two fingers to Sam's forehead. Sam sighs deeply as he feels the pain ebb away.

"Thank you, Cas. I don't know what we'd do without you." Sam smiles at him and pats his arm appreciatively. Cas smiles widely. It's nice to hear once in and a while.

"Do you need help with Dean?" They both turn and glance at the slumped Dean, head down on the table. Cas glances back at Sam.

"No, I got it." Sam nods and thanks him again before leaving to go get cleaned up. Cas walks over to Dean and slides his book out of the hunter's way.

"Hey, Cas." Dean slurs into his elbow.

"Hello, Dean. Can you sit up?" Dean nods and does as he's told, which is a first. He has a huge cut running along his cheekbone and blood caked around his mouth and nose. He's sure that Dean's torso is worse. Cas walks over to the bookshelf where they keep the emergency first aid kit.

"Cassss!" Dean whines against his arm, half of it muffled by his position. The angel grabs the box and walks back.

"I had to get the first aid kit, Dean. I'm right here." Dean latches onto his arm and leans his head against Cas' bicep.

"Don't leave again," Cas looks at him fondly.

"I won't." He grabs some of the small packet wipes used for cleaning blood out of the kit.

"I'm going to wipe the blood off, okay? Then I can fix your wounds."

"Okay, Angel," Cas feels himself blush as he wipes away the blood on Dean's lip. He cleans up the blood on Dean's nose and some around the cut before putting the wipe on the table to dispose of later.

Dean snuggles into his arm and Cas goes to heal him by putting two fingers on his forehead, but he snatches Cas' hand in his, interlocking their fingers together.

"Dean, can I have my hand back?"

He shakes his head against the angel's arm. He sighs and kisses Dean's forehead, channeling his grace through his lips. Dean blinks heavily before backing off Cas' arm and unlocking their hands. Cas feels a twinge of loss in his stomach.

"Are you okay, Dean?" The hunter nods and backs up a bit.

"Thanks, Cas. Sorry I was a bit out of it." Cas gives him an easy smile as he cleans up the first aid kit. Dean gingerly runs his finger over his forehead and stands up from the chair. He clears his throat as Cas puts away the kit and throws away the trash. The angel turns around with an innocent smile on his face.