5. What to do

The next day I'm waiting outside the house, for Paige to show up. She's running a bit late, and she's not answering her phone. My parents had already left for work. I look down the street, no sign of her vehicle. I try calling her again but it goes to voice mail, "Hi, this is Paige. Leave a message!"

I wait for the beep then say, "Paige. Where are you? I'm going to be late for school. Call me!"

I hang up then spot a car driving down the street; it's Paige. I walk to the end of the driveway and wait for her to come to a stop. When she does, I hop in, close the door, then drive off again down the street.

"Sorry I'm late," she says with a smile, "Brett took me out to breakfast."

I smile, "It's okay, I just knew if you were five minutes more that we would be late for school."

"Yeah," she laughs, "Man, okay! Brett told me he's been noticing me for the past two weeks he just has been trying to get the nerve to talk to me. You know, since his break-up he hasn't dated anyone and he was nervous about it. But he did it for me!" She squeals.

"Aww," I say with a smile. "It's amazing you are finally with him! I mean, I teased you like almost everyday about you dating him, I can't believe it finally happened!"

She smiles, "Yeah. Oh! Do you like my sexy outfit?" She's dressed in a white T-shirt that had gold and silver on the front, black skinny jeans and Nike air-lifts. It shows her curves, and she's sitting down.

"Yes! Brett must have loved that." I say with a wink.

"Mhm," she says. "Oh! How was the date with Garrett?"

"Um," I say, "It was alright. He was pretty sweet but he did try to touch me."

"Ohhh, girl, he wants you!"

"No kidding." I say with a frown. "I did tell him that I was waiting till marriage for all that stuff."

"Oh, yeah. I haven't told Brett that yet." she says pulling into the school parking lot. "I don't mind kissing him, which I will do. But i'm waiting for the sex till marriage."

"Yeah." Paige parks the car and we get out. it was 6:58. We hurry into the school.

During my first period I kept thinking about Garrett. I was hoping to have more time to discuss him with Paige. Even if from what I would say would be proving her right. He had been really sweet, even though he didn't really make me feel anything he was still really attractive. I guess it shouldn't be something to really think on, since there wasn't really a feeling there, but I did have a good time. 

I didn't have a chance to talk to Paige till lunch. Today, she allowed me to sit with her.  Brett sat with us, a few of his buddies joined him. They talked as I talked to Paige, retelling the story of the night before.

"Good!" she says. "I'm glad you had a good time. He does seem nice."

"Yeah, he was nice." I say, "he was like a mix of things: friendly, kind, touchy, and fast."

"Does he really make you uncomfortable?"

I think for a minute, "He does...but.." I pause, "I kind of like it."

She smiles, "Oh girl, you like him."

I smile then start to glare at her. "It's not a big deal though."

"Big deal? Pshh...." she says. "Look who's staring at you. 

I look behind me in the direction Paige nodded her head in. I notice Garrett sitting over in a corner with some other guys. He didn't appear to be talking to the other guys sitting there with him. Our eyes meet, he smiles and gives a wave.  I smile and slowly wave back at him. I turn back to face Paige. She had an "up to no good" smile upon her face.