25. Making Him Jealous

I turn off my car and slowly open the door. I grab my hand purse, from the passenger seat, and step out of my car. I look over my car at the rather large, two-story, stone, house; it seemed to bounce and vibrate because of the music coming from inside. I scan the front yard, which was glowing due to the lights in the trees. The big driveway is already full of vehicles, more people show up by the minute.

I bite my lip and close my door. I had dropped Paige off at Brett's house. They planned to go out to eat and then come to the party. I had gotten myself something to eat before coming over here. I showed up just after the sun went down.

I walk up the driveway with a group of people I don't know. As a matter of fact, I don't know who's house this is either. I hadn't heard a thing about this party from around school. It was probably some popular kid from another school that had his conections with the popular kids at our school. Brett being "popular" and all, he heard about it and told Paige; who then told me. I guess I'll find out later who's party it is. 

I get to the door and wait for a chance to squeeze inside. When an opening appears, I quickly squeeze inside the house. I immediately look around the room. There are a set of stairs, one to my right and another to my left. A few people make their way up the stairs, some make-out on them, and others sit there talking. I notice a couple boys looking at me with interest and curiosity. I tuck a peice of my black hair behind my right ear and walk further into the house. 

The next room is a living room, but it had been turned into a dance floor. The furniture was pressed up against the walls, and music was blasting from speakers connected to the flat screen TV, on the wall. Colorful lights had been hung up by the windows, giving off just enough light to make your way around the room.  Couples grind up against each other as they danced to the pop music.

I squeeze through the crowd, trying to make my way to another part of the house. I'm determind to check out most of the place before settling down in one place to party. I need to know who's here; more so, if Garrett is here. 

I go through the house, finding the kitchen and front room and seeing the hallways that leads to a couple of bedrooms. After a few minutes of just snooping around, I make my way into the kitchen. I grab a hand full of cheetos from a bowl on a table and start munching on them.

"Can I get you something to drink?"

I look behind me to only spot Will.

"Oh, hey!"

He smiles as he looks me up and down, "You look nice."

"Thanks," I smirk as I quickly look him over. He flips his dark hair to the side, his light blue eyes sparkling. He has his hands in his dark blue jean pockets. He's quite gorgeous. But, whatever. 

"You should've told me you were coming to my party," he smiles as he leans against the counter.

I knit my eyebrows together in confusion. "Your party?"

He nods and smiles, "Yeah. What do you think?"

I look around the room, "It's cool. I haven't been here long. But, it looks like everyone is having a good time."

"Yeah, I hope so." I look back over at him. He smiles at me. I smile lightly and look at the floor. When I look up, I spot Garrett amongst the crowd in the living room. My stomach does a backflip. He's here. I take a quick glance at Will, who is still smiling at me, before looking back at Garrett. He hadn't noticed me yet. 

I keep one eye on Garrett as I turn to face Will. It's time to make Garrett want me. "So," I say, as I bite my lip and smile. "Got anything to drink?"