10. Texting, Secrets, and Bikes

I close the front door behind me, and lean back on it. I sigh. It's ten o'clock pm, Garrett just dropped me off. I feel so giddy. After that kiss, Garrett and I had talked and laughed for hours. We didn't kiss again though, just one for the night. I had so much fun, and that kiss is all I can seem to think about. 

I hear footsteps in the kitchen and spot my mother. I walk towards her. "Hey, Mom."

She turns around to face me. "There you are! Where have you been young lady?"

"Out with a friend," I don't really feel like giving more information. 

"I called you, many times. You have a cell phone for a reason: to be able to get in touch with people!"

"I'm sorry," I bite my lower lip. I was not expecting her to blow up like this."

She shakes her head, then rubs her temples. "I don't care if your out with friends, but please, be aware of your phone just in case I try to call you. You got me nervous, especially since I have been trying to contact you since seven."

I nod my head, "Sorry, I'll pay more attention next time."

My mom nods her head, "Okay, well I'm going to bed. I plan on sleeping in. Your father does work tomorrow. What are your plans?"

"Um," I look around the room, "Probably just going to Paige's or something."

"Okay, just remember to keep your phone on you at all times." She points a finger at me. I salute.

"Yes, ma'am." She smiles and gives me a hug.

"Goodnight, I love you."

"I love you too."

She heads to her bedroom. I turn and head for the stairs. When I reach the top I see Kristina walk out of her room. She's already in her pajamas, wearing her baggy blue sweatpants with a white tank top. Her hair is pulled back into a messy bun on the top of her head. She stops when she catches sight of me and raises her eyebrows.

"What's up with you?"

"What do you mean?" I stop in front of her, confused.

She smiles, "You have joy written all over your face, What happened tonight?"

I blush and turn away, "Nothing."

She grabs my arm, "Oh, no you don't. Spill."

I turn back to face her, "I just had a good time with a friend."

She cocks an eyebrow, "Friend, eh? So it isn't Paige. Who is it?"

I shrug, "Just a new friend of mine." I walk off to my room and she follows me.

"Come on, aren't little sisters supposed to tell their big sisters everything?"

I shake my head, "Not in my world."

She laughs, "Have you met a boy?" I hesitate to answer, Kristina notices. "So it is a boy!"

"Shhh," I say as I walk into my room. "Don't shout it for the world to hear."

She laughs and then starts to study me, head to foot. "I suppose you are dressed a bit nicer than usual. What's his name?"

I roll my eyes at her, "You aren't getting details."

She sticks her lower lip out, pouting. "Pleeeaaasseee." 

I shake my head, "Nope." 

Kristina rolls her eyes. "You're no fun." I laugh.

"Night, sis."

"Yeah, whatever. Night." She walks out of my room, closing my door behind her.

A grin spreads onto my face as I start thinking about Garrett. That boy is fine.