Lunchtime | Candyland!AU Oneshot

//! TW - Beginning of a family fight, imagery of drugs and attempting to drug someone !//

Characters: Sun, Moon, Eclipse

AU: Candyland AU (Belongs to Garbage Chocolate)

Genre: Angst

--------

"Bonesoup, you remembered!" Eclipse's countenance brightened with delight as he settled down at the table, and his children watched him closely, with Sun's unwavering gaze fixed on his father and Moon tapping a steady rhythm on the table with his fingers. The atmosphere in the room was charged with tension and the weight of their nervousness pressed heavily upon them. Sun's reply was composed as he handed his father a polished spoon, reflecting the light of the swinging ceiling fixtures, "Of course, I remember!" With a deliberate motion, Sun covertly slid his arm beneath the table, while Moon gestured a smooth, yet anxious hand motion, seeking to capture his brother's attention. Watching intently, he observed Sun's fingers deftly maneuvering towards a pack resting on his lap. However, Moon tried to intervene by grabbing his brother's wrist, but Sun shot him a warning glance and held onto the table's edge, signaling him to stop. Moon adeptly masked his frustration from Sun, revealing it only through an unintentional act of piercing the wooden table with his fingertip, which resulted in an audible outburst of his bottled-up feelings. Nevertheless, he made the choice to overlook the smoldering frustration that was accumulating in his bitter throat and decided to release his grip on his brother.

Sun discreetly maneuvered his arm beneath the table, surreptitiously guiding the pack towards the soup while his father remained oblivious. With a swift motion, he opened it, releasing the white contents that permeated the room with an unfamiliar aroma, only to disintegrate upon contact with the liquid. "And?" inquired the brother cheerfully, his attention now focused on Eclipse. As his arm gracefully settled on the surface and his father taking a sip of the soup, a faint hint of tension resonated in his voice, causing the pressure on the pack beneath his palm to intensify. "And what?" Sun's anticipation of receiving some praise from his father was dashed as Eclipse looked at him with a perplexed expression, wondering what he desired. Nevertheless, Sun swiftly dismissed this disappointment and lightly tapped the bowl with his knuckles, signaling his eagerness to hear Eclipse's opinion on the taste. "Good I guess? A little too sour though," father Eclipse replied. Moon's attention oscillated between his father and brother, observing their interaction closely. Restlessly tapping his feet on the floor, he couldn't shake off the feeling of unease. As the suffocating blue encased his own pupils, Moon's anxiety unraveled, intensifying the already tense atmosphere as Sun and Eclipse delved deeper into the discussion, accompanied by occasional sharp body language exchanges. "It should be sour, father. The taste harmonizes with sweet side dishes." "I don't see any." "Well, you've been in a cave for years, so it's understandable that you're nearly blind." A sudden jolt of surprise coursed through the guardian as Eclipse's right eye transitioned into a dazzling crimson color. Despite momentarily fading into the background, this spectacle of anger and frustration took a backseat when the father caught sight of Moon's anxious face from his side vision. Nevertheless, the intensity of the situation heightened as Eclipse gently tapped the spoon against his child's back of hand. Sun commented, "And surely as a candy cannibal, you should have developed a tolerance for sour things by now." Eclipse responded by tightening his grip on the spoon, while Moon attempted to intervene. However, Eclipse promptly silenced him and instructed his brother to speak, although Moon's upright shoulders revealed his desire to avoid a confrontation. Eclipse reclined, placing his chin on his hand, a sinister smile creeping across his face as he made eye contact with his other offspring. "So, is there anything else you'd like to add? I'm all ears."His voice carried a suffocating blend of sweetness and malice, his widened eyes serving as a swift warning to Sun of the peril he was in. The reply ensued, "You've been an awful father, causing us immense trauma and pushing us away. I don't even think you deserve anything to eat." 

Eclipse's fist clenched, causing the spoon to collapse, its demise accompanied by a chilling chorus of hissing and disintegration in the distance. Standing upright, his hand glided over the polished surface of the wooden table. "How long do you want to provoke me until I lash out? I'm sure I will enjoy the-" "ECLIPSE," Moon's authoritative voice reverberated through Eclipse's thoughts. "Sit down. Please." 

 His lips curled into a grin, the edges curving upwards. His tightly clenched fists gradually relaxed, fingers slightly apart, and a faint tremor coursed through his parted fingers as he processed the manner in which Moon had called out to him. Eclipse.

His eyes glowed in multiple shades of red as the lights of the ceiling fixtures casted a glow upon him, making the half of his face suffacating in a fluid shadow. 

Swiftly, he pivoted his head to face his son, the intensity of his anger diminishing in his abrupt movement.

The sound of Eclipse's voice, though sweet, sent a shiver of fear down Moon's spine.

"Say it again."

To be continued because I don't have the motivation...