Attached To Strings | Welcome Home Oneshot

Characters: Wally Darling, Home

AU: Yes! :D

Genre: Too lazy to now google about it or somethin' qwq

So, this text doesn't belong to me, it belongs to my friend! But she wanted that I publish it here so like I'm gonna do that now >:D

-------------------

The bright light streamed through the darkened windows into the decorative room, where the hissing shadows retreated behind the wooden headboard, jolted by every fluid movement. Like a fruity and sugary sea, the apples swayed back and forth in the wooden basket and now and then sloshed over the edge, which were neatly sorted in a rising pile on the bedside table.

Suddenly a fluffy hand rummaged through the basket dripping with juicy apples. Due to the weight, the basket tipped sideways, causing the apples to roll out, plopping on the mattress of the bed and glittering over the edge before hitting the floor with a loud "thump". After the hand dragged the apple up to his mouth, he stopped. His eyes, previously focused almost absentmindedly on the bed, glanced forward. With a blank note, his eyes wandered from one corner to the other, as if searching for something. The apple in his hand was forgotten, and he only occasionally brushed his thumb over its bright red skin.

His tousled hair caused a few curly blue strands to get in front of his half-lidded eyes, so he ran a hand through his hair to get the strands out of his sight.

"Home, have my... friends contacted me yet?" asked the male doll as he uncertainly lowered his head and closed his hands around the apple.

Black-filled pupils drawn on the window began to move. They lowered their gaze to stare directly at the doll. The upper half shrank and took on a curvy shape, as if grief was overcoming it. Then there was a small creak from the floor, followed by the crunching of the window.

Apparently, the doll understood the language because he raised his head and played with his collar. "My friends... didn't call? Are you sure, Home?" Although his voice was frothy with monotone, and the fixed smile on his face limited his ability to express his emotions, his nervousness still showed in his actions - the way he pushed a crooked finger under his collar and tugged at it and a few beads of sweat were shining on his forehead, as if he suddenly felt hot.

Another creak sounded as if Home meant "yes."

The doll sighed and averted his gaze from the windows. They barely revealed what was going on outside his house anyway, and only served as eyes for his best friend, Home. It's not particularly creative, but the doll tried to think of a name for his friend.

Suddenly, Wally startled, anxiously obscuring his face with the fluffy blanket. From the corner of his eyes, he could see how an eye roll was depicted on the window, indicating Home's reactions.

There was a ringing sound.

As it continued to ring and ring, Wally dragged the blanket down from his face while still burying his fingertips in its fabric.

The pupils on the windows followed every of Wally's actions, as if curious what he might do next.

The rotary dial phone on his bedside table rung with its playful colors and stripes swallowed by the darkness. It's been a while since it rang. It's been too long since it rang.

He glanced at Home. His eyes were staring blankly at him. Maybe he sleeps right now?

Although with hesitance, he seized the opportunity.