Shadows Of Amusement | TSAMS Oneshot

Characters: Eclipse, Sundrop, briefly mentioned Moondrop

AU: Yes! It's mine btw :D

Genre: Drama, (Cheap) Dark Humor and Psychological I guess QwQ I DON'T KNOW MY BROTHER HELPS ME WITH CHOOSING THE GENRES 😭👏

(Btw, Sundrop, Moondrop like "adopted" Eclipse after they found him in a lost location of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, but Eclipse is like the jerk we all love and hate and has strained relationships with Sun and Moon. ✨Beautiful Backstory, I know✨XD)

----------

It was a quiet day at daycare. The children were gone, picked up by their parents, who could be quite annoying at times.

Moondrop was charging in the daycare tower (as he had to use up most of the battery again due to Rule-Breakers), Sun was pursuing his hobby, namely the art of order, and Eclipse leaned back against the security desk chair.

Eclipse's gaze wandered over the abstract shapes and patterns of the daycare, all different and brightly coloured. Different shades of blue, red and yellow decorated the daycare, a spectacle of colours that always brought a smile - especially with Sun, who embodied positivity, carefreeness, and enjoyment in small moments, which sometimes Moondrop and Eclipse also wished they had.

Of course, the atmosphere was filled with happiness, and of course the annoying Daycare tune was playing again, but Eclipse longed for more. He burrowed further in the chair, his feet propped up on the security desk's tabletop. It was so boring. He longed for some excitement, anything that would be a distraction and briefly stimulate his constant boredom.

And he often found that in the reactions of others. His most effective, yet cruel, method - His only methods, in fact - of getting a satisfactory response from others was to play pranks or play with others - in the manipulative sense.

But not just any pranks, like those of the daycare children - he is smarter than those stupid individuals who are completely dependent on their parents' care - but real pranks.

While it served him with a reaction that would break his boredom for a moment, he was not fully aware that it had an impact, particularly emotional, on the people affected by the prank, what extends beyond the reaction he only sees.

He was emotionally detached, influenced by events and interactions, and of course he can feel a connection with animatronics, but most of the time that disappeared more and more depending on whether that relationship was purely for personal gain or not (and even in relationships, who did not serve personal interests, he had many difficulties. Most of the time, it was because it WASN'T for personal interests), but he could not grasp and understand everything.

And what if someone says how they feel? He would answer directly and not offer any "emotional support" (or how that crap gets called), like hardly say it directly and instead try to make it seem better.

Why should he insult his own intelligence? He certainly wouldn't sugarcoat it and present the truth in a more "harmless" way. Well, he employs sugar coating as a manipulation technique, along with many others, but they are only directed for entertainment and personal gain.

And then why does everyone sometimes react too dramatically and sentimental when he does "cruel" pranks or manipulations, as if he just threw a child out of the window?

(They don't even have windows in the daycare. Sometimes, he is surprised no one suffocates since no fresh air comes.) Well, he wants an emotional reaction of them, and it is entertainment pure when he gets one, but he also sets boundaries when it's TOO MUCH emotions.

And then it goes like this: The person complains or cries, and HE has to waste HIS time with dealing them. To be honest, he doesn't deal with them - Most of the time, he just ignores it, but that's not the point. It's like a drama, but not a drama what he desires - More like an annoying, sentimental one. And he doesn't care about such pointless things.

He has better things to attend to, like delving into thoughts and self-talks.

As he slid his feet to the edge of the table so that he could rock a little on the chair, fingers suddenly shot out in his direction. They almost pierced through the surface of the security desk, palms pressed against the tabletop. Sun's figure, hunched over the table, cast a shadow over Eclipse, whose boredom was slowly receding. He had found his victim who would get his prank.

"Hello, my dear friend!" Sun's voice, loud and shrill, accompanied by the energetic and rattling shifts of his rays, made Eclipse feel a little under pressure. He hardly knew why he suddenly felt this way, but all these actions at once came so...fast. He felt his arms cross over his shoulders - a quiet attempt to protect himself from these many changes in Sun's presence.

"Don't call me frien-," Eclipse cut himself off, the edge of his words carrying a subtle surge of lack of interest, "Urgh, you know what? I don't care what you call me as anymore. I had to repeat myself so often, it was such a waste of my time, wasted on you." No reaction of Sun, or at least not an amusing one.

Well, Eclipse did notice of course how Sun's shoulders rose and he shifted more of his weight into his hands, but it was below his standards. Well - the harder it is to get a reaction, the more fun he can have using different methods.

Then, Sun leaned more over the table as the shift of weight to his hands provided secure stabilization. He was only inches away from Eclipse's face. Too close. Eclipse heard the rattle of the chair frame as he distanced himself more from Sun with a final push against the table. And there. A reaction that gave him some satisfaction. His rays drooped and the enthusiastic flicker in his eyes was replaced by hurt confusion.

"D-Did I do something wrong that upset you right now, Eclipse?" Sun asked, his smile wavering. It was almost pathetic how easily Sun's smile fades when there's a small gesture that doesn't align with his positivity crap. Eclipse narrowed his eyes and tiled playfully his head before responding:" Not really, I guess. Just don't insult me anymore. You get that?"

"I-Insult you? I don't remember-" Sun's gaze flickered unsure to his surroundings before Eclipse cut off him with a raise of his hand. "Oh, really? You don't remember? Well, that shows that you don't have...the best memory, if that's even the correct word to describe this pathetic version of one." Eclipse couldn't deny how much entertainment this insecurity of Sun brought to him. It seems like gaslighting coupled with criticism is always the most effective method in Sun's case.

--------------