Chapter 17: Drunks' Delight.

Neteyam sat by a table in the corner, enjoying the momentary solitude he was granted as people were too busy dancing to notice him.

He smoked away and sipped his champagne. There was no clock in sight, to which he wondered how much longer he should stay before leaving without being seen as rude.

—No fun?— Ao'nung grinned as he approached from another table.

—Do you think your sister will forgive me if I turn in early?

—No, stay.— He shook his head. His words were more a demand than a truth.— We are having a drinking contest over there. Care to join?

Neteyam looked back at the table full of expectant people who were looking their way.

—You put me on the spot, you traitor.— Neteyam exhaled the smoke, walking along Ao'nung who had an arm around his shoulder.

They greeted him with eager smiles and quiet cheers that somehow managed to make him smile.

—Gentlemen.— Neteyam nodded his head in acknowledgment, to which Ao'nung scoffed.

—Gentlemen my ass. I have seen this bastard getting kicked out of a brothel.— He slapped a man's back, to which the unknown man simply shrugged in a state of proud drunkness.— This is Erey, that one is his brother, Txeyo. You already know Cece.

He pointed at each as he introduced them, but Neteyam was only familiar when he acknowledged Cecilia.

—Do you like my costume?— She looked up, patting the empty chair beside her.

—You look lovely, tonight.— He sat. Ao'nung took the one next to him, leaving all three of them tightly squeezed.—Do not tell me...—He took a moment to guess.— Helen of Troy?

—Here are my Paris and Menelaos.— She pointed at the brothers.— I tried to get Ao'nung to join, but he turned me down. Boring as ever.

—At least we are matching somehow. I hope that serves as some kind of consolation.— Neteyam shrugged making Cece giggle.

—Yeah, yeah. Here.— Ao'nung shoved an empty glass into his hand, refiling everyone else. The last man standing is the winner. You are a little behind, so drink up.

He poured a good amount of brandy into Neteyam's glass and pushed his hand until he had no more option than to swallow the alcohol in one go.

—Easy! You'll kill him!— Cece whipped off the drops of brandy running down Neteyam's chin with a swift motion of her hand.

—He won't choke.— Ao'nung rolled his eyes and he hid a smirk as he looked away.— Don't I know it...— He mumbled siping from the bottle.

—Mister Sully, I have a question.— Txeyo sighed and leaned back into his chair.— Would you choose America or Italy when it comes to women?

—Uh...I have come to discover that they are both very charming. There is no reason to put one above the other.

—I told you it was a stupid question!— Erey slapped his brother's chest.—Whichever you marry will tie you down either way!

Neteyam saw Cecilia roll her eyes and drink her annoyance away. 

—Ignore them, Neteyam.— She waved her head in a diminishing gesture.—I was just asking Ao'nung if he thought you would care to come to dine someday.

—To dine?— He was taken a little aback.

—He said you wouldn't, but I know better than to believe anything he says.