A celebration of grief

You were apart of the council. That meant a lot of things. One of them being that you had responsibilities even if you didn't want them. You had to be there. Even if you were on the brink of death Kirari would still force everyone to show up to a meeting.

Like today. It had been a year since your mother died. It was rough but you didn't have time to cry. You had a meeting to get to. You didn't bother to cry about it.

You walked in and sat in your usual spot. Everyone looked at you with sympathy. Your family was quite known so of course they all knew about your mother's death. You tried to ignore there stares as Kirari started the meeting.

———-
After the meeting Midari walked up to you as she tried to joke. You didn't even pay attention as you picked at your finger nails. A habit you've since your mother's death.

"Y/n? Did you hear my amazing story?!" Midari said in a frustrated tone that you weren't paying attention. You shrugged as you got up. "Great story." Your tone was monotone as you walked out of the room. The meeting was over and there was no need for you being there.

———-
After school you walked home. You walked into an empty mansion. Your father was probably still at his office. He would most likely stay there till tomorrow as he didn't want to cry in front of you. Your father always felt in superior when he would cry in front you.

That's beside the point. You walked into an empty kitchen. Making yourself a sandwich as your hands were shaking the entire time. Tears fell down your face as you couldn't move as you held a knife in your hand. You set the knife down as you walked to your room. Leaving a mess in the kitchen.

You went on your phone as you sat in your bed. That should help your nerves right? You texted your friends trying to calm down. Your idiotic friends believed having a party at your mansion could help you. And so did you. Stupid but you did have one.

Somehow the student council was invited. They of course went and were amazed by your house. Some more than others but your mansion was a big party. Drunk teenagers were everywhere. Well everywhere besides the council and you.

You were sitting on a couch squished between your friends. You didn't even look happy. Midari was about to go talk to you before Sayaka pulled her back. Sayaka knew how it felt to lose a parent as she too lost her mom.

The difference between the both of you was that Sayaka dad had a high standards of her as your father just wanted you to get out of the house after your mother's death.

Sayaka knew how it felt. She could only understand. Sure the twins had an absent mother and Midari had an abusive mother. But they had mothers.

You sound ignorant but you're still grieving. Grieving over someone who was your best friend. Your mother. A woman who loved you even after all the shit you've put her through.

Sayaka looked at you with pity. You didn't feel like wanting that so you looked away. Smiling at your drunk friends. You tried to seem happy for yourself but you couldn't. A tiny bit of guilt is in you. How would your mother think of you now? Would she be disappointed? No! She loved you. At least you believe she did.

You got up from the couch and headed to your room. A quick fresh of air in your room would help you right? Unknowingly to you the twins, Sayaka, and Mary followed you.

Once in your room you closed the door leaving a small gap open. You sat on your bed as you tried not to cry. Your whimpers were silenced by the loud music playing downstairs.

The door opened and you turned to see the twins looking at you with a bit of pity. You looked away as you wiped your eyes. "President and Vice president. I didn't know you both were here." That was a lie and they knew it.

Sayaka and Mary walked into the room. They looked at the walls. So many things they never knew you liked. One thing that struck out was a picture. A picture of a younger version of you and your mom. You looked so happy. So carefree.

"I didn't think-" "How long have you lied to us about being happy?" Sayak cut you off. You didn't know how to respond. You were happy. "Never? Listen I don't think you should be in here." You said a bit harsh as you got up from your bed and tried to make them leave.

The twins didn't budge. "Listen to Sayaka Y/n it could do something good for you." Ririka said in a quiet manner. "Just because you're a vice president doesn't mean that you can stay in my mansion and tell me what to do." You were right. It's your- mansion. Not yours entirely yet but it was yours.

"I told you she wouldn't come around. You have to use brute force with this one." Kirari said grinning at my stubbornness. The twins knew you since birth. Your family were friends of the Momobami's. They saw you at the funeral and knew you would never be the same.

"I don't need your help in healing or whatever." You pushed past the Twins leaving your room. Mary rolled her eyes at your stubbornness. "Even i'm not that stubborn." "Well~" "Kirari!" Sayaka said in a huff as she shook her head at her girlfriend.

———-
You walked back into the party. You started to make people leave. You still had to clean and make it look like you never had people over.  The twins, Sayaka, and Mary watched a bit disappointed as they saw you not even making an effort to listen to them.

What would they even say? They are sorry for the death of your mother? That they know how it feels? No. They can't possibly understand. How could they? Nobody understand the relationship you had with your mother.