Edge (Yumeko)

You were always aware that one day Yumeko would get bored and leave. She would find the thrill of you boring someday.

You knew that. You knew that she wouldn't love you someday. You were fine with that. More than fine with that.

You learned to not take it personal when Yumeko would get all on Mary as it was her way of expressing herself. Sure it bugged you but you can't say anything about it.

Yumeko looked at you with a soft smile as she and Mary held hands. It stung that she was holding hands with another girl but who were you to tell her what to do? You allow this to happen.

"Y/N tell your girlfriend to stop touching me." Mary said annoyed as she rolled her eyes and pulled her hand away. You sighed as you grabbed Yumeko's hand.

"Cmon Meko' you gotta give Mary space too." You said in the most gentle way you could had. Yumeko pouted as she nodded. "Fine."

You could tell that Yumeko didn't want to be around you. She was starting to be in a habit of doing that. It broke your heart but you knew that she would never want you fully.

———
She only wanted you due to your gambling abilities. You were an unbeatable gambler. You didn't even cheat that was the worse part to Yumeko.

Yumeko tried for months to try and see if you were cheating but you weren't. Then one day she finally decided to gamble against actually playing to win. Still she lost.

That was the first time she saw you as a human being instead of an object of curiosity.

———
You and Yumeko were sitting on some steps. You were smoking a cigarette as Yumeko watched you.

"Does smoking help you gamble?" Yumeko asked with curiosity getting a rise out of her. You exhaled the smoke as you shook your head.

"Do you smoke before a gamble always?" You continued to shake your head. A bit more annoyed. Yumeko always asked these questions trying to see what makes you a great gambler.

———
In reality you, yourself, didn't know even know what made you a good gambler. It often made you try to think of things to try and impress Yumeko.

You knew that even if you did find out what a made you a great gambler she still wouldn't be satisfied.

She would just dump you the next day as she wouldn't care about you anymore. So it was better to just keep her on the edge.