Family friends

The Momobami's and your family were family friends. You've known the twins since birth. The girls are 3 years older than you. So technically they knew you since your birth. They still remember when they first held you.

———
"Y/n doing all of your homework? Your mother told me that you haven't been doing it all." Ririka lectures a bit. "Yeah i've been doing it. My mom just doesn't understand that my teacher sucks at grading." Your tone was unpleasant about your teacher. The twins didn't like how you felt so they would do something about it.

"And what's this teachers name?" Kirari said collectively but deep down she was plotting a murder. "Oh he's my chem-" You were interrupted by a text from your phone. You looked at it and your face went white. You quickly got up. "I have to go." You practically ran out the room.

The twins looked at each other before getting their own text messages. "Y/N's mother had died in childbirth. The child didn't make it either." The twins read it in disbelief. How could the world be so cruel to you!

———
The twins showed up to the funeral. They saw you sitting in the front row. Looking at the casket. Looking numb. You weren't even bothering to be next to the casket. You've never looked like that before so why now?

"Y/N i'm sorry for your loss." Those were the same words as people passed you and walked to the casket. You saw your grandmother cry out and fall on her knees. You felt sick as you looked down.

The twins sat beside you. Kirari was about to talk before you cut her off. "I had a brother for an hour. My mom was dead by then but I had a brother." You said smiling sadly as tears looked out your eyes. You always told the twins you wanted a brother. And you got one. For an hour.

Ririka hugged you as you cried in her shoulder. The tears continued. The piled up. Unbearable pain for you was all that it was. Kirari held your hand. She didn't know what to say. She didn't know how to comfort you without saying something ignorant. Kirari had a sibling. A twin sister and you? You had a brother for an hour.

It wasn't fair to her. You deserved a happy family. Kirari held your hand still as she looked down. "Have you seen your mother in the casket?" Kirari asked out of the blue. You have calmed down by then. Your tears not that evident anymore. "I can't. I can't bring myself to see her. Not in that state." Kirari looked at Ririka. Ririka was crying. "How about we try?"

You nodded as you got up. You slowly walked to the casket. That's when you saw her. You saw your mother's body cold. You looked away as you cried in Kirari's shoulder. Kirari lead you back to your seat as she held your hand again. "Shhh. It's okay." She comforted you as Ririka cried with you.

Ririka didn't know how to comfort you without crying. Kirari didn't know how to comfort you without sounding ignorant. You were a crying mess. What a trio. But trios never last.

———
Kirari and Ririka looked into your casket. You looked so free now. You had been in an "accident". That's what everyone said happened. But in reality everyone knows that you freed yourself from the world's worst nightmare. "She looks peaceful." "I haven't noticed." The twins took one of your hands and kissed it. Nobody could ever replace you.