Meeting James

James pov

I wake up in a cell, looking down I look at the metal arm I have, I remember what I have done as the winter soldier, before this I don't remember much, I move my right arm to my head, my hair feels long. I'm sat in the corner when i hear movement from outside my cell.

'Get in there' they say, I look to see the guards throw someone in my cell. She looked worse for wear, covered in bruises, cuts and scars. I see she had marks round her neck and wrists, her clothes looked thin and ripped apart. I watch as she doesn't move, I feel so bad for her, how old is she? How long has she been here?

Once they have locked the door and walk away I crawl over to her. 'Are you ... okay?'  I ask being cautious so I don't scare her. 'I I I don't know' she responds quietly not looking up or moving. 'What's your name?' I ask, she looks up at me I can tell she is scared as she's shaking and keeps looking down at the floor. 'I'm James' I say hoping this will help her, 'rose' she replies, I open my arms for her to show I won't hurt her 'you don't need to be scared, I won't Hurt you' I say.

Rose crawls over to me and I gently wrap my arms around her. Something inside of me knew I would do anything to keep her safe. I continue to hold her in my arms as she falls asleep, as she sleeps she moves alot 'no papa' she cries, 'I'm here Rose' I say softly 'I'll keep you safe' I add. I'm hoping that she will trust me. One day I will get us both out of here. On hearing her say papa made me realise she must been here for a few years. I will always take care of her.

Rose's pov

After a failed mission and training session I'm carried and thrown into a cell, I hear the door being locked behind me. I'm scared to move as I don't know where I am.

'Are you ... okay?' I hear a voice say, it sounded like a male, here in the cell. I'm scared, I don't want to be punished. He sounded friendly so I answer 'I I I don't know' I respond quietly not looking up or moving. 'What's your name?' They ask, I looks up at the voice, Im scared shaking and looking down at the floor, it looks like he has long hair and covered in cuts and bruises, his left arm scares me.

'I'm James' he say, 'rose' I reply, I watch as he open his arms 'you don't need to be scared, I won't Hurt you' James says. I crawl over to him and he gently wraps his arms around me holding me close, I feel myself falling asleep.

I wake up suddenly to see myself in the arms of a stranger, I move out of his arms backing away to a corner away from him. I see a guard walking by 'Let me out,' I shout shaking the cell door, 'Let me out, I'll be good' I say. The guard approaches me 'Shut....  up' he says pushing me away from the cell door causing me hit the floor 'please let me out' I cry. I see him reach into his pocket pulling out a small box he then presses a button sending an electrical shock through my body causing me to scream in pain before passing out

James pov

I wake up to shouting 'Let me out,' the voice says , I feel my arms empty Turning to the sound I see Rose shouting, shaking the cell door, 'Let me out, I'll be good' she says. A guard approaches the cell 'Shut....  up' he says pushing her away from the cell door causing Rose hit the floor 'please let me out' I hear her cry. I see him reach into his pocket pulling out a small box he then presses a button before walking away whilst she is screaming.

Once I know he's gone I crawl over to rose to see her passed out, 'oh rose' I say quietly pulling her close. I need to get her out. I need to get us both out.

The next morning we get awoken by someone chucking ice cold water on us. 'WAKE UP. GET TO TRAINING' they yell. I wake up rose and they grab us to take us to training. I'm thrown in to a ring with the black windows. They have took rose else where.

One of the widows I'm fighting had red hair, she's good. I don't want to do this. As my mind distracted I get knocked down, 'get up' they ordered. I reluctantly get up this goes on for hours until I'm being thrown back in the cell. I lay back on the thin mat we have it's so thin I feel the coldness of the cell floor.

Whilst I'm laying back I wonder where Rose is, my stomach grumbles as I'm hungry. I don't remember the last time they gave me food. I fall asleep well I try too but its hard on the cold floor, as soon as my eyes close I hear the cell door open followed by a thud and quiet cries from Rose.

I wait until we are alone and the guard have walked away before going over. 'Rose?' I ask sitting next to her 'rose' I say softly 'everything hurts' she says 'I want papa' she cries. 'Oh rose, I'll take care of you' I say. Rose moves and looks at me 'James?' She asks 'I'm here doll' I reply smiling 'I'm tired Jamie' she says softly as her eyes slowly close, 'Rose?' I ask 'yeah' she replies 'can I pick you up?' I ask 'yeah' rose replies.

I carefully pick up Rose carrying her over to where the mat is, laying her down I lay down behind her. 'Jamie' Rose says softly 'im here doll, I'll keep you safe' I say 'love you Jamie' Rose says 'I love you too Rose' I reply kissing the back of her head as I wrap my right arm around her pulling her close.