The Note

Rose's pov

It's been 5 months since I got rescued from Hyrda by James, in that time I was reunited with Papa who lives in the compound and mama. I enjoy visiting Mama with papa, James too. Cooper and Lila love James.

Last month was a roller coaster, with James and papa finding out I couldn't read or write. To begin with James didn't know I couldn't write, but when I confessed to him he helped me with my practicing. I read to James sometimes and he reads to me, I enjoy hearing him read the hobbit.

When they first found out they had to leave for a mission so I stayed with Mama who taught me how to read and write, on comming home everyone had a pool day due to it being so hot. I had took a book I was learning to read down with me but I fell into the pool sinking to the bottom. James jumped in and pulled me out, since then James, Steve and Papa have been teaching me how to swim. I'm slowly getting there but I don't like the deep end, it scares me. One time I was stood staring at it when James stood in front blocking the view pulling me into a hug.

I'm currently sat in the shared living space reading a new book, I'm still only able to read children's books. I watch as James walk in from the gym, 'what are you reading doll?' He asks 'the tiger who came to tea' I reply 'are you enjoying it?' He ask smiling at me. 'But that a book for children' Sam say, 'yeah what Mr Wilson said' comments Peter. Throwing the book away I run out of the room as I her shouting from downstairs. I run into our livingspace and into myvold wardrobe curling up.

Buckys pov

I had just finished in the gym with Steve, walking into the shared living space I spot Rose reading. I asked her what she was reading and if she was enjoying it. Before she could answer the second question Sam butted in, 'But that a book for children' Sam say, 'yeah what Mr Wilson said' comments Peter. Their comments causes Rose to throw the book away before running out of the room crying.

'You know she can't read' i shout at them both 'you also know she's learning to read' I shout at them 'she's a 30 something adult who can't read' Peter argues. Feeling my anger build, I feel a hand on my shoulder, turning I see Steve. 'Go to her' he tells me softly, that's all that needed before I run up to our room.

'Doll' I call out as I enter our bedroom 'doll it's okay ignore them' I continue. Following the sound of quiet whimpering I find her curled up  in her old wardrobe 'doll' I say softly sitting beside her, rolling over she turns her back to me. I gently rub her back before laying down 'cuddling' her, after a few moments I begin to fall asleep.

I stir to movement in my arms, opening my eye I see Rose facing me sleeping peacefully, kissing her forehead and gently stroking her back I whisper to her informing her that she is safe.

Steve's pov

After Bucky left I turned to Sam and Peter 'you both knew last month she couldn't read, she's learning to read' I tell them. 'There's so much you don't know about her, even Bucky doesn't know what happened after they tried to escape' I inform 'Rose it's still getting comfortable with being around others, why do you think she goes and stays with Laura when Clint, Bucky, Nat or I are on a mission? Especially when Clint and buckys not here' I add. 'But its been 5 months' Peter argues 'yes but with Bucky it was a lot longer and Rose is still getting comfortable with being in a new environment after so many years' I tell them, 'clint has told everyone that she was taken from him at every young age' I tell them.

'I heard my name' I turn to see Clint walking over, 'this is Rose's book' he says picking it up off the floor where Rose had thrown it. 'Why is it on the floor?' He questions 'Sam and Peter were making comments about Rose reading a children's book and not being able to read' I reply 'where is she?' Clint sighs 'she ran after throwing the book crying, bucky has gone to find her after having it out with these two' I admit. 'Sorry' Peter and Sam say quietly 'its not us you have to apologise too' clint says, Peter goes to move 'Peter, just leave them be for now, let bucky check she's okay' clint tells him softly.

Clints pov

I picked us Rose's book which was through off the floor, Steve informed me of what happened. I left the three of them heading up to Bucky and Rose's room, I enter through the livingroom. Looking round I place her book on the coffee table, I could hear quiet breathing from the wardrobe.

Slowly approaching I look in to see Rose and Bucky cuddled up, I noticed her was doing what he did in Hydra to ensure she felt safe. Picking up a blanket I lay it over them both, Bucky stirs turning to face me, I smile before leaving the room.

A few days later we get told about a mission, as its a short mission Rose is staying here with Pepper and Happy, pepper has offered to help Rose with her reading and writing. Walking into my room I spot Rose sat at my desk, 'hey Rosie-pie' I say softly. Turning to face me she smiles 'hey papa', 'what are you doing?' I ask walking over to her 'writing something for James' she smiles at me 'it's beautiful love, he will love it'  I smile at her.

Buckys pov

It's mission day, Rose is staying here with Pepper and Happy. We walk down to meet the other 'stay safe James' Rose says looking up at me, stopping where we were walking I spin her round pulling her into a hug, 'always doll' I smile at her. Moving my right hand up to the side of her face I gently stroke her cheek whilst lovingly smiling at him, leaning in place a kiss on her lips, 'I love you so much doll' I smile at her 'I love you too Jamie' she smiles back.

On joining the others she walks over to Steve and Clint pulling them both in for a hug, smiling I walk over to her 'bye doll' I say softly 'bye Jamie' Rose replies hugging me, 'doll' I say softly gently lifting her chin 'you stay safe, you can wear any of my clothes, spray my cologne. What ever helps you feel comfortable' I smile at her. 'Thank you' Rose say resting her head on my chest, 'I love you doll' I tell her wrapping my arms around her, hugging and kissing the top of her head, ' I love you too Jamie' she smile up at me. Taking chance in the moment I lean in and kiss her, moving back I smile at him. 'BARNES! Time to go' Tony calls, shaking my head I smile at her 'bye doll' 'bye jamie' I wave to Rose as I walk out the door and onto the jet.

'You okay pal?' Steve asks I sit down 'yeah' I smile at him putting my hands in my suit pockets, feeling something inside I pull it out to find a folded piece of paper. On opening I see its from Rose

Hey Jamie
I love you so much, thank you for all you do. Making me smile, taking care of me and so much more.

I'm going to miss you but I can't wait for you to come home safe.

I'll be waiting with smiles and hugs

All my love

Rose xxx

Looking at the note I begin to cry 'Bucky' I turn to him with tears in my eyes smiling 'look' I say passing him the note 'it's her first' I smile at him. 'Bucky?' Clint asks walking to us 'rose was smiling when she showed me what she was writing' he say 'it looks beautiful, her hand writing' I smile holding the note. When we came to land I folded the paper placing it in the pocket closest to my heart.

Rose's pov

This week went really well, pepper tells me I'm progressing well too. We hear the roaring of the jet landing, I look at her 'go to your man' she smile. Smiling I run our of the room towards the door to the landing pad. I watch as the hatch opens, James is stood there, both of us running at the same time towards each other.

I jump into his arms kissing him all over his face 'I miss you Jamie' I smile at him wrapping my legs around his waist 'I missed you too doll' he smiles 'thank you for your note' he says 'it made me smile, I kept it close to my heart, so I always had you close to my heart' he smiles. 'I love you so much Jamie' I say resting my head on his shoulder 'I love you too doll, more than words can describe' he says rubbing my back. It feels so good to be in his arms.

Buckys pov

As soon as the jet lands i stand up by the hatch for it to open, when it opens I see Rose stood there, I smile seeing her, I missed her so much.

At the same time we both run towards each other, when Rose reaches me she jumps into my arms. I feel her kissing me all over my face 'I miss you Jamie' she smiles at me wrapping her legs around my waist 'I missed you too doll' i smile 'thank you for your note' i tell her 'it made me smile, I kept it close to my heart, so I always had you close to my heart' i smiles at her. 'I love you so much Jamie' rose says resting her head on my shoulder 'I love you too doll, more than words can describe' I reply rubbing her back. It feels so good to have her in my arms.