Promise Rings

Buckys pov .

I look down at my dog tags, on the chain was the promise ring Rose got me after a mission, I also got her one, it was a simple band where we got 'J&R' engraved on the inside, I slip off my dog tags removing the ring from the chain before placing it on my ring finger on my Right hand.

I head down to breakfast where Rose is 'morning Jamie' Rose says smiling at me 'morning doll' i reply smiling, I sit down by her, how did you sleep?' I ask 'not good' she replies 'you could always come into my room' I say 'I didn't want to wake you, so I went to papa' rose replies.

Later that day the team is say in the living area, 'didn't know you were married Bucky' Sam says 'I'm not' I reply, I see Rose looking down at her ring finger which was bare, I move to sit by her 'it's okay doll' I say pulling her close kissing the top of her head. 'It's a promise Ring' Rose says 'I got it for James when' rose starts before breaking down into tears 'they took the one James gave me' she says 'can I?' I ask 'yes' she replies.

'Rose and I were in Italy for a mission, we had finished and we were ourselves, they gave us 3 hrs before we were leaving. We spent the time exploring when Rose spotted the rings' I begin

Flashback and telling them

'You have 3 hours till we leave, don't run as we will find you' the Hydra agent told us, we were in Normal clothes 'james' rose said 'yes doll' I reply 'what should we do?' She asks 'lets go for a walk' I replied. We begin to walk the streets, it was nice being out they sometimes gave us this 'free-time' if we didn't mess up a mission and did what we were told, it was very rare we got this chance so we made the most of it.

As we were walking the streets when Rose spotted a jewelers, 'Jamie look' she said point to the shop, we went over to have a look. We were looking in the window at all the diffrent rings 'James, these look nice' she says pointing to the rings 'shall we get them?' I ask 'yes please' she replied. We went into the shop to buy the rings 'they are beautiful Jamie' she says as we take a closer look at the rings. 'Would you like any engraving?' The worker asks 'yes please'  I reply, inside each of our ring we had engraved 'J&R'  for James & Rose.

They gave us the rings in these little boxes places in a bag. We walked to the park I looked at my simple watch, we had 2 hrs left 'Fancy some food?' I ask 'yes please' Rose replies. We didn't want to get too much to eat as we are used to small portions of food. We ended up getting a pizza to share before walking to a park. We sat down eating the pizza. I remember Rose was sat in my lap, 'I'm going to miss this'  rose says turning to face me.

She reached into the bag pulling out a box. 'James, I give you this ring as a promise to all ways be there for you in good and bad, to alway love you, care for you and never forget you' she said opening the box, hearing those words made me cry, I could tell she ment every word. 'Jamie please don't cry' rose said holding my face 'I love you doll' I replied smiling back as she placed the ring on my finger.

I reached into the bag for my box opening it I began 'Rose, from the day I met you I knew I would do anything for you. I would keep you safe day and night, I'd never leave you. I promise I will be there for you in good and bad, no matter what happens I will always find a way back to you. I love you so much Rose'  I say 'Jamie' Rose replied with tears in her eyes 'I love you too Jamie, always'  she replied as I slipped the ring on her finger.

When we headed back to the meeting point where they were waiting 'you'll have to explain that to the boss'  one of them said pointing to the rings on our fingers. When we arrived back we were called into the  boss's office. We gave our mission report, we were the winter solider and widow at this point. 'What are those' he shouted at us, 'this our promise to be with each other, doing our orders, making new heirs to hyrda and redroom' the winter solider said. 'Keep them, break the promise be punished'  the boss says.

I look down at Rose who's heads on my shoulder playing with my ring 'so that's the story of the rings' I say 'but Where's Rose's ring' Sam asks 'they must have took it after we tried to escape, I think they knocked me out as I woke up not remembering anything.' Rose says 'I miss that ring. The words meant the world to me, I could tell Jamie meant every word, I meant everyone of mine.' She says. 

I felt bad for her, I moved so Rose sat up, I knelt in front of her, I take off my dog tags holding them in my hand. 'Rose' I say holding her hand 'all those word still stand.' I say 'jamie' she says 'Rose, I promise to always be there for you, night and day. To keep you safe, make you smile. I promise to be there for you in good and bad, from the day we met I knew instantly I'd do anything for you.' I say 'Rose I give you my dog tags as a symbol of this promise but also so you always have part of me with you and that I'll always find my way back to you.' I finish. 'I can't take these Jamie' Rose says 'you can' I reply 'Thank you jamie' rose replies smiling, she leans forward and I place the dog tags roing her neck before kissing them, 'you'll always have my love with you' I say before placing my hand on her face leaning in to kiss her. 'I love you Rose Barton' I say 'I love you James Barnes' Rose replies smiling.

I sit back next to Rose who climbs onto my lap falling asleep with her head on my shoulder, I smile at her as I wrap my arms around her, 'does she always fall asleep like that?' Sam asks 'since getting out, yes' I reply