Will you be my girl?

Buckys pov

It's has been a few weeks since our first date, I have been thinking about taking her on a date soon where I would ask her to be my girl. I know in Hydra we were together but I wanted to ask her now. I really love her and can't imagine having anyone else.

Tony has accepted Rose so has the team, she doesn't do missions at the moment, I think she has bad memories of them due to hydra.

I was in the training room with Clint whilst Steve offered to take Rose out for a bit. 'Clint?' I ask 'how can I help' he replies 'I would love to ask Rose if she wants to be my girl' I reply 'I love her alot and care about her too' I tell Clint smiling. At heart I'm still a gentleman 1940's man, I want to do this properly with Rose, I can see a future with her, I could see it whilst in Hydra. 'Of course you can Bucky, I can tell how much you love her and care for her' Clint smiles. 'Do you have any ideas on how your going to ask her?' Clint asks me. 'I do, there's a beach which I enjoy going to that is quiet as not many people know its there. I'm thinking about doing a picnic' I tell Clint. 'Rose does enjoy picnics with you' he smiles at me, 'if you need any help you can just ask' clint adds 'thank you clint' I smile at him 'thank you for accepting me and allowing me to be with your daughter' I add. 'That's okay Bucky, thank you for looking after her in hydra and getting her out, you mean the world to Laura and I and we are both greatful' clint smiles.

The date is tomorrow, I'm nervous and and excited, I hope she says yes I love her so much. I wake up with Rose in my arms, she looks so  beautiful when she sleeps, her hair falling over her face. I gently move it behind her ear, we both fell asleep in my room after we came up last night where we chatted about our day. I admit it was funny when Rose told me he got charged the oap rate at the zoo, fair enough we are both over 100 years old but still look in our 30's. I enjoyed seeing the picture of Rose feeding a penguin, so much I asked Steve to send me a copy which I have as my phone background. I will have to print off a copy to frame to put up in my room.

I hope one day I could as her to move in with me, some nights we sleep together wether it's in my room or hers. Theres something about us being in each others arms that means we don't get as many nightmares. The nights when we don't sleep together or if I'm away on missions I struggle and miss her. Sam always jokes 'it's only a few days' but when you have shared a cell with each other day and night you would struggle. I struggled in hyrda when I found she wasn't in the cell with me, Bruce calls it 'separation Anxiety'.

Feeling movement in my arms I look to see Rose waking up 'morning doll' I smile at her morning Jamie' Rose smiles at me 'how did you sleep' I ask stroking her hair 'really well with being in your arms' rose smile. 'I'm looking forward to our date' Rose says still smiling 'me to doll' I smile back before leaning in to kiss her 'you are so beautiful doll' I smile 'and you are so handsome Jamie, I'm truly greatful for all you do' rose smiles resting her head on my chest. Pulling her close I kiss the top of her head. 'You are my world' I whisper quietly 'and you are mine' Rose says lifting her head looking at me before leaning in kissing me.

'Shall we go get ready for breakfast?' I ask 'sure I need to shower first' rose smiles 'can I join you?' I smile flirting with her, 'sure Jamie' Rose smiles before climbing out of bed, I follow her into the bathroom before we shower together. 'What should I wear?' Rose asks me 'anything you like' I smile at her 'you look beautiful in anything' i add leaning into kiss her 'love you doll' I smile 'love you too Jamie' Rose replies. Rose leaves the my room to head to hers, I begin to change myself. As I was a cool day I decided on my marron red long-sleeved top and black jeans. Walking to Rose's room I knock on her door, 'wow doll' I smile she was wearing a beautiful dress 'you look stunning' I smile at her 'let's get some breakfast' I smile holding my arm out for Rose leading her downstairs.

I walk us past the others 'James the tables kitchens back there' Rose says looking at me, I smile at Rose 'I'm taking you out for breakfast' I smile at her, 'you don't have to James' Rose says 'I want to, only the best for you' I smile leaning down to kiss her gently on the lips. I lead her out to my car opening the door for her to get in, closing the door I walk round to myside getting in myself.

'James?' Rose asks 'doll' I smile at her 'why do you so much for me when I can't for you?' Rose asks 'I cant do things like this for you' she adds looking down. 'Hey doll, look at me' I say softly. When Rose turns to face me I place my right hand on her cheek. 'I do this, as I care so much for you. I alway have done and will do. I want to make you happy, see you smile' I tell her 'when we got separated when we tried to escape i found Steve, then I heard a bang. I thought I had lost you Rose, my doll. My friend, my everything' I tell her with tears in my eyes  'it felt like part of my heart was ripped out, never fully whole. That day when I found you in the cell, when I saw what they had done to you, I felt so bad that I wasn't able to protect you and keep you safe. That what I want to do now, keep you safe. When we found out that Clint was you dad, I thought I could lose you again or he'd hate me, blame me for what happened to you' I tell her 'James, it wasn't you fault' Rose says 'he.. he thanked me' I tell her 'thanked me for looking out for you' I tell her. 'He likes you Jamie, so does mama. They both understand it wasn't your fault' Rose says in tears. 'Let's wipe those tears' I smile at her 'you to Jamie' Rose says.

After a short drive we arrive at a cafe where I had booked a table for breakfast, 'my doll' I smile holding my hand out for Rose 'Jamie' Rose smile taking my hand. We walk inside 'table for Barnes' I tell the waitress who leads us to our table in a quiet area of the cafe. We look at the menu, 'what do you fancy?' I ask Rose 'the French toast sounds nice' Rose smiles.

Clints pov

'Steve' I call over to him 'yeah' he replies 'ready to go?' I ask 'go where?' Sam asks walking into the room 'to help bucky with something' Steve replies. 'I am, let's get going' he replies. Picking up the picnic basket, blanket and flowers we walk out to his car. 'Do you think she'd say yes?'  I ask Steve as we are driving 'of course' Steve smiles 'have you seen how they look at each other, they each others whole world and I think they were ment to be together' Steve adds.

Arriving at the beach, we set up where Bucky had shown us too. He said 'I want this to be a safe space for Rose too. Where she can come and only us will know' he smiles. It's away from others with an amazing of the sea, laying down the blanket we place the picnic blanket down on the sand with the basket and flowers in the middle. 'Buckys just texted' I tell steve 'they are on their way' I add, 'ill go move the car' Steve smiles. I move out of the way but keeping an eye on the picnic.

Rose's pov

After an amazing breakfast James took me out for a walk, we hung out at coney Island where him and Steve went back in the 40's telling me stories about their childhood. He lead me back to his car before driving again, he pulls up at a beach, opening my door he holds his hand out for me to take.

'Rose' he says softly looking down at me 'I found this beach shortly after getting back from Wakanda, I found it was so peaceful and a safe space.' He tells me 'I want to share it with you, the only people who know is Steve papa and myself. So if you need to get away from everyone else you can come here and we will come if you need us' he tells me. I turn to face him wrapping my arms around his waist 'thank you Jamie' I smile at him.

We continue walking along the beach, ahead there's something set up on the sand 'suprise doll' James smiles 'Jamie' I reply softly. He walks over to the blanket sitting down he pulls me onto his lap, 'I love you so much Rose. From the day we met I knew you were the one for me' he tells me 'I tried my best to protect you and keep you safe and happy.' He continues 'I would love to spend the rest of time with you, so will you be my girl?' He asks me 'will you officially be my girl' he adds 'yes I will Jamie' I smile 'come here doll' he smiles before pulling me in for a passionate kiss. 'I love you doll' he smiles 'I love you too Jamie' I smile back. We shared the picnic before cuddling on the blanket looking out at the sea till the sun set.

'So?' Papa and Steve asked as we sat together in the evening retelling the day to them 'I said yes!' I smile 'I love him so much' I add still smiling 'I love you too doll' James says kissing my cheek.