A day with Steve

Steve's pov

Bucky asked me on our morning run if I could take Rose out, 'of course I can pal' I smile at him. I see Rose as a little sister 'what about the zoo?'  I suggest  'Rose would enjoy that' he smiles at me. 'I've sent some money to Rose's card so if she sees something she likes there's money she can use' bucky says 'you care for her alot' I smile 'I do, have done since they day we first met.' Bucky smiles.

Our run soon finishes so we walk into the compound to have a shower before breakfast. As we approach the kitchen we see Rose, bucky smiles before running to her, wrapping his arms around her as she eats her breakfast with Clint 'morning Doll' he says 'morning Jamie' Rose smiles leaning back looking up at him 'good run?' She asks 'it was' bucky smiles before leaning down to kiss her, 'you need to shower' she smiles at him ' I will' he smiles back 'you look beautiful today doll', I agree, she does she wearing some joggers and a floral top, her hair had been braided into a crown. 'Your hair looks lovely today Rose' I says smiling 'thank you stevie, papa did it' Rose smiles at him. 'Right buck, let's go shower' I say placing a hand on his shoulder. 'See you in a bit doll' he smiles before we walk to our rooms to shower and change.

After showering and getting ready for the day I begin to pack a bag of bits I may need whilst Rose and I are out, including my phone. Leaving the bag just inside my door I head down to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. I spot Bucky who is sat by Rose, both of them chatting, 'morning Rose' I smile as I sit next to her 'would you like to go out with Steve today?' Bucky asks 'I have a full day training' he adds 'yes please' Rose smiles at me 'would you like to visit the zoo?' I ask 'I'd like that Stevie' Rose smiles.

It was soon time for us to head out, 'I've put some money on your card for you' bucky say 'you didn't have to James' Rose replies, 'I want to doll, I have all this money, so I want to be able to provide and take care of you' he tell her 'thank you'  she smiles hugging her 'I love you Jamie' 'I love you too doll'  bucky beams at Rose, 'ready?' I ask as Rose walks over to me 'I am' she smiles 'have fun you two' bucky calls 'thanks' we reply in unison.

We spent the day walking round Central Park zoo, as it was a Wednesday it was quieter than at the weekend, we walked round all the diffrent exhibits. When we went to see the pengins being fed we got offered the chance to feed them which we took the opportunity to. I took some pictures of Rose and she took some of me, the keepers asked if they could take some pictures for their social. I agreed, Rose declined which I could understand why, I asked that they didn't post them until tonight which they agreed. 

We spent some time in the gift shop looking round I had picked up a central park desk lamp which I will give to her when we get back, Rose picked up a pengin plush and little figurine. 'Head to head home?' I ask wrapping my arm around Rose's waist 'I am' Rose yawned, we head back to my car, as Rose climbs in I place the bags in the boot. After the short drive back to the compound I look over to see Rose asleep. Getting out I walk round to her side, carefully unbuckled her I pick her up carrying her inside.

I spot bucky on the couch, 'buck, here's your girl' I smile as I walk over to him 'my sweet doll' he smiles holding his arms out. I pass her over to him, bucky hold her close whilst pulling a blanket over her. 'I'm just going to get our bags'  I say quietly, walking out to the car I pick up our bags bringing them inside.

Buckys pov

Looking down at a sleeping Rose makes me smile, I can't wait to ask her to be my girl. I love her so much. 'How was your day?' I ask Steve as he sits down with us 'it was alot of fun, got some good pictures' he smiles, 'it was fun' looking down I see Rose awake looking up at me 'I thought you were asleep?' I ask 'mmhh' rose hums into my chest. 'It was funny when Stevie got charged the oap rate'  Rose say 'hey' Steve laughs throwing a cushion at her but it hit my head instead 'Hey punk' I joke throwing one back at him. 'I did have a good day, I enjoyed spending with my brother' she smile 'brother Stevie' she continues to smile 'thank you for today' she say 'your very welcome sis' he smiles back. 'Shall we show buck the pictures?' Steve asks 'yes please' Rose smiles. Steve moves to sit by us showing me the pictures 'we got to feed the pengins' rose smiles 'did you enjoy it?' I ask 'I did, the keeper asked if they could take some pictures of us feeding them for their social, I declined' Rose says rest her head on my shoulder 'that's okay doll, it's your choice' I say rubbing her back.
'Here's your bag Rose' Steve says passing her a bag 'what have you got there?' I ask 'penguins' Rose smiles pulling out a plush penguin and a penguin figurine. 'This is for you Rose' Steve says pass her a bag, 'be careful it's breakable'  he adds. Carefully Rose reaches into the bag pulling out a box, 'it's beautiful Stevie. Thank you' he smiles at her 'I thought you'd like it'.

Rose and I went up to my room  for a bit after tea. 'So you had a good day?' I ask as we cuddle on my bed 'I did, I really enjoyed it. I would go again' Rose smiles. 'Doll?' I ask 'yes Jamie' Rose replies looking up at me 'can I take you out of Friday?' I ask 'you can' she smile at me. I pull Rose onto my lap, 'I love you so much doll' I smile at her 'I have done from the first day we met.' I kiss the top of her head. Looking down I see Rose asleep in my arms 'good night doll' I say quietly kissing her forehead laying her gently down in bed, I laydown myself covering us with my sheet pulling her close.