Revelations - Part 1

Buckys pov

Its been 4 months since we got Rose out of Hydra and 1 month since she moved in with me. We both have been having more peaceful nights where we don't have the nightmares and flashback but at times we still do. Every morning I wake up with Rose in my arms sleeping peacefully.

This morning as I lay with her in my arms she begin to thrash about, I can tell she's having a flashback. I gently kiss her forehead 'I'm here doll' I whisper softly 'im safe, your safe' I add softly, I go to pull her closer when she suddenly sits up 'WINTER!!" She shouts panting, beads of sweat rolling off her forehead. 'I'm here doll, we are safe' I say rubbing her back. She turns to face me tilting her head 'Jamie?' She asks 'I'm here doll' I say. 'Do you want to talk about it?' I ask softly, Rose shakes her head 'that's okay, I'm here for you always' I say 'I love you' I say smiling 'love you too' she says cuddling into me, I wrap my arms round her rubbing her back, I look to the clock to see its still early 'let's get some more sleep' I say kissing the top of her head, I hear the gentle breathing indicating she's asleep.

'Morning doll' I say as we both wake up after a few more hours sleep, 'morning jamie' Rose says smiling 'sorry about earlier' she adds 'don't be doll, I'm always here for you' I say. We begin to get ready, I watch as Rose pull on one of my long sleeved top and some joggers. 'You look Amazing doll' I say wrapping my arms around her waist, 'I'm so comfy' Rose replies looking up at me. As we walk down to breakfast I wrap my arms around her waist. 'Morning' Steve and Clint say smiling 'morning papa, morning stevie' Rose says smiling walking over to them hugging them, I begin getting our breakfast ready when Steve walks over 'how did you sleep?' He asks 'okay, Rose not so' I reply 'nightmare?' He asks, I nod. We both look over at Rose and Clint who are hugging, 'she looks happy' Steve says 'yeah, I'm happy she's beginning to become more comfortable around the others' I say. 'Team meeting in 30' Tony says walking into the kitchen 'rose too' he adds.

30 minutes later we are all sat round the table in the meeting room, Rose is sat to my right with Steve next to her and Clint in front of her. 'We have a mission' Tony says passing round files with the mission brief in, everyone begins to open them, 'your roles are listed as well as your teams' he adds. 'ROSE' He shouts, I watch as Rose slowly turns to face him 'yes sir' she replies. 'Oh no' I think in my head, 'why arnt you reading the mission brief?' He asks 'I cant' she say quietly 'what was that?' He ask 'I cant' she replies louder 'can't what?' He asks angrily 'I CANT READ' she shouts shoving the file across the table before running out of the room.

I jump up out of my seat running after her 'BARNES' Tony shouts at me 'no!' I shout back before carrying on after her, I find her out on the balcony. 'Doll?' I ask gently  I hear her crying 'doll please don't cry' I say walking over to her 'what's wrong?' I ask. 'I can't read' she says looking down' I crouch in front of her 'what do you mean you can't read?' I ask 'just that' she replies 'but what about what we did in hydra?' I ask 'I never read anything, i was always told what my mission was' she tells me. 'What about retrieving the data?' I ask 'stick was preprogrammed to automatically get the information' rose says 'the vial?' 'Didn't know what it was, they gave it to me anyway' she adds. I step away in shock 'please no' I say quietly 'James?' She asks 'please don't tell me they gave you that' I say turning to face her. My heart breaks when she collapse to the floor, rushing over I pull her into a hug 'oh doll' I say.

Steve's pov

After a while Clint and I leave the meeting room where we begin to look for Rose and Bucky 'we can help her learn to read' I tell clint.  We soon reach the balcony where we find them both on the floor, Buckys holding her close. We carefully join them on the balcony, Bucky turns to face us, I can see the tears in his eyes shaking his head, what ever happened it wasn't good.

'Rosie?' Clint asks 'papa' Rose says quietly 'I'm here rosie' he says softly sitting down on the floor, Rose moves from Buckys arms into clints. 'Come Here pal' I say moving him away but still so he can see her. 'She can't read' he says sitting down on the bench 'we can teach her pal' I say 'that's not all steve' he say looking at me 'on a mission where she got the data, she also picked up a vial, that vial they gave Rose' he says crying. 'Oh buck' I say pulling him close.

Clints pov

Rose is sat in my arms crying 'I'm sorry papa' she cries, 'you have nothing to be sorry for' I reply holding her close. 'I can teach you how to read, mama too' I say, 'it's not just that papa' rose says turning to face me 'what do you mean love?' I ask 'don't tell James, but I can't write' rose says 'I'm useless' she adds resting her head on my shoulder 'oh Rosie, your not useless' I tell her kissing the top of her head.

'What's going on out here?' A voice says, bucky, Steve and I turn to the voice to see Tony stood there 'Comforting Rose' I reply, 'I don't want her on this mission' Bucky says 'well she can't stay here on her own' Tony argues back 'she can stay with Laura' I reply. 'Fine'  he replies before walking away.

'Jamie' Rose says quietly, I signal to Bucky who comes over, sitting beside me I pass Rose over to him, once in his arms she instantly fall asleep 'I'll talk to Laura' I tell him. 'Thank you Clint'  he replies Smiling.

Walking inside I head up to my room to talk to Laura, after explaining everything she told me she can help teach Rose to read and write.

I find Rose and Bucky in his room, she currently sleeping on his bed in his arms, I smile at how he cares for her. 'Hey bucky' I say smiling 'hey clint, come on in' he replies Smiling, 'Laura says Rose can stay with her whilst we are on the mission and help her learn to read' I tell him 'thanks Clint, can you thank Laura?' He asks 'I will' I reply.

Buckys pov

Rose is currently asleep in my arms, Clint has came in and told me that Rose can say with Laura whilst we are on the mission and that she will help Rose learn to read.

With Rose still in my arms i reach over to my bedside table to pick up my copy of The Hobbit. I begin to read it quietly both Roses still in my Arms peacefully sleeping. 'What are you reading?' Rose asks quietly 'the hobbit' I reply 'the hobbit?' She ask 'never heard of it' she replies 'I first read it when it came out in 1937' I say 'could you read it to me?' She asks looking up at me 'of course doll' I reply