Moving In - Part 1

Buckys pov

It has now been 3 months since we found Rose and got her out of Hydra, she is slowly getting better, she still has nightmares and unable to sleep due to our time in hyrda. I remember one of the first nights where she ran and was scared she would get punished. I reassure her that we ate both safe. Rose is only comfortable around me, clint, Steve and Nat. She is slowly getting comfortable with Laura who came to see Rose, Laura is friendly and she accepts me being with Rose after we told her what happened. When Clint video calls Laura we sometimes join in to catch up.

Over the past few weeks Rose has began sleeping in her bed, there are a few nights when I have woken up to find her on the floor or occasionaly in one of the cells. With the help of Tony we made a mat which was cool like the cell floor to help her transition from the cell to the room. Which has helped as Rose has been beginning to sleep in her room. One night I woke up suddenly from a nightmare, leaving my room I went to Rose's to check on her to find her bed and room empty. I move to clints room, slowly I open his door to see Rose fast asleep in his arms, clint stirs looking at me he smiles and gives me a thumbs up which reasures me that she's okay.

The past few nights Rose has been sleeping in my room with me. I wake up to see Rose sleeping peacefully in my arms which makes me smile. 'Jamie' I hear her quiet voice say as she wakes up 'morning Rose' I say smiling 'how did you sleep?' I ask 'good thanks, being in your arms helps' she replies smiling. 'Your so beautiful in the morning doll' I say. 'Love you jamie' rose says 'I love you too' I reply kissing her forehead.

We continue cuddling as she wakes up, 'would you to go out on a date later?' I ask Rose 'I'd like that' she replies smiling. 'Shall we get ready for breakfast?' I ask 'yeah, I'm hungry' Rose says. Rose has slowly been eating more, Steve and tony had cleared out one of the kitchen cupboards for Rose. Clint, Steve and I took Rose to the shops to get some snacks and drinks she would like, we filled the cupboard with the bits and told her she can get things out of it anytime she wants.

One night Steve woke up to Rose leaving her room, he followed her downstairs where he found her in the kitchen getting something out of the cupboard. Steve told me he asked if she was okay and that she replied that she was hungry. That day Steve asked if I could keep Rose out of her room, when he was ready he came and got Rose.

'Rose, I have a lil suprise for you' he says, we walk to her room. Leading her in her shows her a small unit which inside had a mini fridge and snacks 'I thought you might find this useful if you fancy a snack or drink during the night.' He says smiling. Rose walks over to Steve hugging him 'thanks friend' she says smiling 'no worries Rose' he replies hugging her back.

Back to now Rose and I are currently getting dressed, I turn to see Rose dressed in my marron long-sleeved top and joggers that she wore when she met Laura I don't mind her wearing my clothes. 'You look amazing doll' I say wrapping my arms around her 'they are so comfy' she replies laying her head on my chest. 'Ready for breakfast?' I ask 'yeah' Rose replies. I hold out my hand for her 'let's go beautiful' I say smiling.

We walk down hand in hand to the kitchen where Steve and Clint are 'morning papa morning friend' rose says 'morning rose' Steve says 'morning Rose, sleep well?' Clint asks 'I did papa' she replies hugging him. I watch as Rose hugs Steve, it makes me happy seeing her getting more comfortable with people.

'What are your plans later?' Steve asks us 'James is taking me out on a date later' rose says 'I'm looking forward to it' Rose says smiling at me. She looks so beautiful, I hope one day I can call her my wife. We sit at the table eating our breakfast, Rose is sat by me with some toast which she slowly eats. 'What time should I be ready?' Rose asks '11.30, dress casual' I reply

Roses pov

After breakfast and spending time with James papa and Steve I went upstairs to my room to get ready, I had a shower and washed my hair. I was currently looking through my wardrobe at what to wear, I know James said 'dress casual' but I don't know what, nothing seemed right and I couldn't really wear his clothes which I keep in my room. I sat down on my bed, I just want to look nice for him.

There was a knock at my door 'who is it?' I ask 'it's Steve, is everything okay Rose?' He asks 'no' I reply crying 'can I come in?' He asks 'yeah' I cry. I hear the door open and close 'what wrong Rose?' He asks

Steve's pov

I was heading up to my room when I heard crying from Rose's room, I knock on the door 'who is it' she asks 'it's Steve, is everything okay Rose?' I ask 'no' she replies 'can I come in?' I ask 'yeah' she replies. I open the door to walk in closing it behind me, I see Rose sat on her bed  with a towel around her, I crouch down in front of her.

'What wrong Rose?' I ask 'I don't know what to wear' she says crying 'nothing seems right, I can't really wear his clothes on a date' she cries 'hey rose, let's dry those eyes' I smile at her 'would you like me to help?' I offer, Rose nods and I stand up walking over to her wardrobe to look at some options. My eyes land on a floral dress, I see that she also has some tights which would help hide her leg if she doesn't want it on show.

'Rose' I say softly, she turns to face me 'how about this?' I asks 'stevie,' she cries I lay the dress down 'it's okay Rose' I say crouching in front of her holding her hands 'it's beautiful' she say looking up at me 'why the tears?' I ask gently 'I don't know but thank you friend' she smiles. 'I've picked out some tights if you don't want your leg on show, what ever your comfortable with' I say. I help Rose with getting changed 'how would you like your hair?' I ask 'braided?' I offer 'yes please' she replies, I pick up the bits needed before beginning 'I used to braid Rebbecas hair' I say to her 'she always enjoyed when James did it' I say 'he cared some much for her and I can see the same for you Rose, he loves you so much and I can tell he would do anything for you' I say 'I love him to stevie, it's just hard sometimes as in hyrda my first memory was when i was first taken there with them showing me him in a cryopod telling me he would be my partner' rose says. 

I pick up the mirror to show the braid which I did into a crown 'what do you think?' I ask 'I love it Stevie, you can do it again' Rose replies turning and smiling at me. I see its time, 'shall we head down to James?' I ask 'yes' she replies 'what about all this? I need to do it before I go' she says panicking 'Rose, don't worry I'll sort it' I say smiling. 'Let's see James' I say smiling holding my arm out for her. I walk her downstairs where Bucky is waiting.

'Wow doll, you look beautiful' he says smiling 'these are for you' he adds passing her a bunch of flowers 'I love them, thank you Jamie.' Rose says smiling